Chapter 6 {Edited}

I sprang up as soon as I heard the sound of the bell, tying my hair up in a bun with the hair band one of the girls got from Quinn, I walked towards the courtroom with the girls in tow and with a deep breath I pushed the double doors open.

The courtroom looked exactly as it looked during the tour the only difference was the demons sitting in it

On the left side of the room were two thrones one vacant and the other with the beast on it and we all went to greet him.

"Your maliciousness" we all chorused in a shaky bow and you could feel the nerves rolling off of us in waves

"Rise" he stated in an emotionless tone and I was transported back to our first day here. He uttered that same word few moments to Olivia's death and I just hope it's not few moments to mine.

We all rose and turned around to face the other demons and greeted them.
I couldn't help the bile that rose in my throat at the look that the demons gave us.

They all sat together on a long rectangular table in the middle of the room.

On one side of the table sat the females who were looking at us like some filthy dirt that didn't even
have a place under their feet

And on the other side of the table sat the males who looked at us with
such burning anger and resentment that I'm surprised we're still alive

" Your graces" we all chorused and courtesied

Some of them replied with a slight nod while others mostly the ladies just ignored us.

A vacant grand chair at the head of the table caught my eye and i immediately knew that was the
beast's with the way it was adorned with gems

Moving to one end of the room we all stood there and waited for the beast's instructions.

Quinn already briefed us about what to expect, but at the same time, the beast is a mystery so it's safe to
say we were clueless

"Let the meeting commence" the beast's voice drew me out of my thoughts

According to Quinn the first few hours are used in discussing issues within the state so that gave me more time to think before the beast summoned me. But I found it hard to think in a room full of demons.

The first person rose to speak. He was a fat portly man with a shiny bald head and a crooked nose.

"Ya maliciousness"he bowed slightly from the waist above which surprisingly wasn't a hard feat with such a large belly.

"I want to seek ye assistance on the issue of.." I tuned him out not really in the mood to listen in on their discussion, I had more pressing issues to tend to than to listen to the people whose hand I might die in discuss state issues.

We were sitting here for almost two hours, not that I was counting the minutes and the demons were still settling state issues.

I wondered how the beast managed to sit through it cause it was boring as heck.

I couldn't help but admire the beast's diplomacy, the way he handled each and every conversation with such great wisdom and intelligence, it was obvious he was a good king to his people.

They loved him at least from what I could see they were all staring at him with love and admiration.

"Elisa" his words pulled me out of my scrutiny and I looked up into his eyes and got the message loud and clear, it was time.

I walked up to the podium at the right corner of the room and stood there in silence waiting for the beast to speak.

"Demons and demoness, as you can see Elisa's one of the humans brought in this year" he stated with a voice laced with mischief earning a nod from most of the demons.

"She has volunteered to tell us ways to defeat Montain and I in my good grace have decided to let her speak her mind" he said again in that mischievous tone making a lot of the demons chuckle

I almost snorted at his choice of words, volunteered my foot if you call threatening me with my life volunteering then yes I did volunteer.

"Elisa" he stated in a serious voice and reality gripped me and a wave of panic washed over me at the tone of his voice. It's about to go down.

"As you've been taught by the demons at the academy, this war has been going for on years and then it was prophesied by the greatest monk that a young human girl in her early adult age will be the one to end the war. The prophecy didn't say who, how or when" he paused letting it all sink in.

"And as you can see I'm a man of little patience but I'm going to give you the chance to tell me a way to defeat Montain or it's off with your head" he stated casually as if we were talking about the weather and not my death.

"Elisa, so how do you suggest we defeat Montain??" He threw the question at me casually and my
mind immediately went blank. I still had nothing to say but I wasn't gonna let the beast kill me like that I had to think of something fast.

After a long pause, I finally spoke.

"Your maliciousness, what exactly caused this war? You see at the academy we weren't told the cause of the war by the demons and to end a war you need to know the cause of it.

If you would be so kind to point it out my Lord" I replied and even dipped into a prideful courtesy

Looking around I immediately knew I had said something wrong judging by the way the demons tensed and the beast's gaze hardened.

I know that it's not the manner in which I talked, if anything the beast would have loved the way I spoke my thoughts, but the fact that I had asked about the cause of the war.

Their reactions were similar to the demons at the academy's reactions, tensing and refusing to talk about it.

I used to ask them to irk them then but now standing here in front of the top-ranking demons and the king, their reaction wasn't one I anticipated and now it's made me totally curious.

"You see you're quite smart and foolish at the same time, I admire your eloquence but you need not concern yourself with such matters.

Do you have any useful suggestions or not?" He asked still maintaining his cool but his eyes spoke of a different emotion. Anger blared in those green irises making me gulp.

I had nothing to say to save myself or stall and I just stood there gaping like a fish out of water opening my mouth only to close it back again due to lack of words.

"I'll take that as a no human" he growled

"Guards take her to the execution ground and behead her. I want her head with the rest of them" he said and the guards I didn't notice were there grabbed my hands roughly.

I didn't even bother fighting them, it was futile and I knew it.

This is not the first time he's done such apparently wanting to keep my head with the rest and I know it's not gonna be the last.

I used to believe death to be my escape even attempted suicide thrice at the academy but then I was younger, now I knew better. It's not an escape, it's just me being fruitless and useless to the world.

I was just going to go into a dreamless slumber for eternity and there was nothing I could do about it

Authors note
Hey guyyyssss
How's your day going??
I decided to leave it like this without a cliffhanger or is there a cliffhanger there??🤔🤔🤔🤔
See y'all next Friday
Love ya
Raffy Owo's