Chapter 40

Elisa's Pov

I sat down on my bed staring into nothing, The humans from before had come in to talk to us and the number of girls that choose to leave isn't surprising, if it weren't for the fact that I was here on a mission I'll probably be packing my bags too, but leaving puts me in more risk than I need. Here it's just king Ark against me and he doesn't even know yet but leaving now is like sending an invitation to The Beast and General Sage's wrath. While I'm worried about where they're sending the girls, I'm trying to stay positive about it and look for the bright side.

The girls going means more privacy, I guess that's supposed to be the bright side but it isn't—not anymore. Privacy isn't something I crave anymore, privacy means alone time and alone time means thinking time, me thinking only feeds my rationality and fear and that makes me want to chicken out and blurt my secrets.

The only thing keeping me in check is King Arlock's many threat; 'you might be the chosen one but that doesn't mean you're not replaceable', 'betray me and you'll live out your worst nightmares' different threats lingered at the back of my mind and I'm scared I'll give into my fear and seek refuge with king Ark. Though I have a feeling that he's going to try to help me, I don't know for certain if he will and I'm not ready to gamble not only my life but every human's life too.

"Elisa" Kate walked towards my bed her jaw set making her masculine features more pronounced than I've seen it in a long time, androgyny is something I've only read about in books but with each passing day, I marvel at Kate's features every time I see her, some days she looks like a guy other days she looks feminine, it took a while for me to realize androgyny is a thing but one look at Kate and I already have proof, it's fantastic.

"Can you believe it?!" That fucking bitch thinks it's best if I went with the humans leaving, apparently I'm better suited for life outside the palace" she looked like she wants to rip whoever it is she's talking about in pieces while I just stared blankly.

"You're not going to say anything?" She sounded angry and incredulous at the same time, it's amusing

"What do you want me to say Kate? That I'll miss you?" I raised a brow at her. I don't know why she bothered telling me to be honest, I'm happy she's leaving and she should know I'm not going to miss her, not one bit.

"Really? You're not concerned about the fact that I'm leaving?? Just so you know, me leaving puts our whole plan in jeopardy and I'm not sure that's something you should take lightly" she says in a leveled voice not wanting to draw attention. Just when I thought I'm finally free from her she decides to irritate me at the last minute.

"Well, dearest Kate like I've always told you, I'm the chosen one and not you, you're just another human in the picture so do not for a moment think that you leaving changes anything because it doesn't, you're replaceable but I'm not" I watch her face fall but I honestly don't care, she really needed to hear it. Saying it out loud doesn't change what the beast said, Kate may take my words to heart, but little did she know I just laid one of my greatest fears out for her.

"True, you're the chosen one and all but let me tell you this, I know you like the pretty little king, you're enamored by his looks and standards. Keep in mind that if I find out that you betrayed Lumbers by spreading your legs for that thing or worse, spill our secrets. I'll personally hunt you down and torture you before handing you over to the General Sage " she moved closer with each words until her face was pressed against mine, I'm not gonna lie, she looked menacing and I have no doubt that she'd follow through with her threats.
Her words raised fear in me. Great, just another threat to add to the multiple others dangling over my head, no matter what side I see it from I'll end up dead but if the weird dwarf's prediction is anything to go by then I'll be a queen but even that seems so far fetched, I'm okay with being just another human.

Kate was almost about to leave before I replied her. As scared as I was, I had to reply to her. I love a good challenge and she's an example of one. Our conversation always feels like a power play and I always want the last word in, it feels like some kind of power.

"Thanks for the reminder, you have nothing to worry about, I know better than to spread my legs for demons. All they do is trick you and toss you away like trash, you of all people should know that but if ever I'm foolish enough to, at least I'll doing it with a king" I watch the color drain from her face as she took my words in. Once when we were younger, Kate was caught in bed with a demon guard, and even though she keeps saying nothing happened no one believes her. It has always been a sensitive subject for her but she should also know better than to threaten me. I'm not above using her dirty secrets against her

She looked like she's about to say something when someone says "Girls let's go"  with a quick warning glare in my direction, she walks out with the others, good riddance!

I'm left alone with my thoughts, a few girls are scattered around the room but I barely even notice. All I care about is killing the kings and finding a way out of this whole mess, I'm done playing Juliet, it's time to brave up and kill

A/N
Thanks for bearing with me and non existent uploading schedule♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️