Timeouts

Cami's POV:

It's thankfully a Saturday, also it's close to summertime, which is always a nice break from school. Marah has been little all day, around 5 years old. Dylan has been out with Tyler, Sam, Tommy and Garrett all day. Alex is currently with Madison, Annie, and Benji, laying them down for a nap. Marah is older than the other three, so she doesn't have to nap unless it's wanted, and of course it was not wanted. We are currently making cookies, specifically I am putting them into the oven. I close the oven door and set a time on my phone for 25 minutes.

"Mama? When cookies done can have one?" Marah asks from her position on the counter.

"Not until tonight after dinner when everyone is here. We can have them for dessert," She pouts in response and tries to wiggle her way off the counter.

"Come here Mar, I don't want you falling," I lift the girl off the counter and place her down onto the floor.

"Gon go play mama. Can get me juice?" I nod and pull out one of the more water bottle type cups we have. I fill the cup half with water and half with grape juice, I don't need her having any more sugar for the day. I hand the girl her cup and she runs off to play. I turn and decide I'd better start cleaning up and figuring out what to make for dinner.

My phone chimes out after 25 minutes. I check on the cookies, and they seem to be done. I take them out of the oven and onto a drying rack after getting them off of the actual cookie sheet. I will let them cool and once they are cool enough, they can go into a container. I walk out of the kitchen and find Marah in the playroom fast asleep on the floor, toys sprawled out in front of her. I chuckle a bit picking the girl up and placing her onto the bed in the room. I decide to lay down with her covering us both up with a blanket, I drift off the sleep as well.

Marah's POV:

I wake up, in a bed instead of where I remember falling asleep on the floor. Mama is lying next to me, still sleeping. I can smell the cookies and it makes my mouth water. I'm sure mama won't mind me having one before everyone else, I know she said not to, maybe she won't even notice. I tip-toe to the kitchen and find the cookies on a drying rack. I look around making sure no one is watching, my blonde hair swinging from behind me as I move my head. I quickly grab a cookie, breaking it in half to make it easier to eat. I finish one half, and as I'm about to start the other half, I hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen. I freeze, my eyes start to water. Mama walks into the kitchen, and I just know she knows. Her face drops a bit, not upset or angry, just a bit disappointed.

Cami's POV:

I walk in on Marah; I know she has taken a cookie and by the crumbs on the floor she's eaten at least a bit of it. I think of punishment options, the best I can get for this is timeout, at least ten minutes. I know it's a bit harsh, but she's done it before.

"Marah love, you knew you were supposed to wait until later. Come here, I can walk you to the timeout spot," She walks over to me, and I lead her over to the timeout bench.

"You're gonna stay here for 5 minutes Marah. You know what you've done wrong," I turn to let her sit and serve the time she needs to. During those five minutes, I put away the cookies into a container and placed it onto the counter.

"Marah can you come here now please?" I hear small steps creeping towards the kitchen. Before I can even start out with the small lecture, Marahs mouth is already opened.

"Sorry mama, didn wan to be bad. Jus waned to hav som cookies," I smile softly at her. Starting to speak, myself.

"It's okay Love, Thank you very much for apologizing. Now why don't you grab your step, and you can come help me make dinner,"

We all try our best to keep the littles in line. Timeouts are normally a push but there are only so many things we can do for them.

Sooo

This sucked so terribly bad, but honestly, I have been so tired I have no care

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one

Word count:794

Have a nice day/night/existence whatever it is for you

~Atriumphs