Day out

Madison's POV:

Today I have decided to take myself and Sam out on a nice little day trip. I know Tyler has been super busy lately and the two haven't been able to go out in a while, so I have taken matters into my own hands and told Tyler, I would take Sam out for the day. And, as if on cue I can hear Sam coming down now.

"Good morning, Sam. I hope you slept well because boy do I have the day planned for us," I beam at him as he is still rubbing his eyes.

"Mhm, morning Madi. What's going on today?" I pull him over to the kitchen and hand him the toast I made him.

"Well, I talked to Ty yesterday and he has been feeling really bad about not being able to go out with you anywhere, so I've decided to take you out for the day and just hang out. Also, I'm almost positive if we stay here Cami is gonna make us start cleaning and I don't wanna have to clean," He laughs a bit, and I realize how rantish that whole thing was. I smack his shoulder lightly and laugh with him.

"Okay well, you'd better let me go get ready because I don't think I should leave the house in a giant hoodie and pajama pants with this weather," I nod and look at my own clothes, choosing to follow him upstairs and change as well.

I pull half my hair back into a claw clip, slip on a white hoodie that has California written across it and some light washed baggy ripped jeans. I slip on my Nikes quickly and grab my bag. I walk across the hall and wait outside Sam and Tylers bedroom door. After about 5 minutes Sam comes out, dressed in a light blue sweater, some black skinny jeans and white converse. His brown hair hangs slightly onto his forehead in a mop of curls.

"Ready?" I ask as he closes the door to the room.

"Of course, thank you Madi for taking the time to hang out,"

"For sure Sammy. Now let's get going to try and beat traffic" We walk down the stairs and I grab my keys from the hook by the door. I get into my car and Sam sits in the passenger seat.

"Here, you can choose the music" I hand him the Aux cord and he hurriedly plugs his phone into it. I hear the music start to play once we are pulled out of the driveway. Our first stop is going to be breakfast at the group's favorite place. After about 15 minutes e get to the restaurant and sit down to order our food.

"Hello, what can I do to get you started today?" The waitress comes to our table with some menus.

"I will have an iced tea, and he will have chocolate milk." I answer for both of us.

"Alright I will be right back with those drinks for you two."

I see Sam look down a bit like he's embarrassed.

"What's wrong Sammy?"

"You didn't have to order for me, mbig" He explains. I never would have thought it would upset him. I wasn't trying to baby him yet. But I hear the small slur in his speech.

"Oh Sam, I'm so sorry bud. I didn't mean to bother you I promise" He looks back over at me.

"S'okay" I nod and smile at him. I also grab the menu and open it up to the breakfast section. Sam does the same. While we look it over the waitress comes back with our drinks placing them on the table in front of us.

"And what would you like to order?" She looks over to me first.

"I would like the pancakes and bacon" She writes it down and looks over to Sam.

"And for you bud?" Sam looks a tad startled at the nickname, but he recites his order, French toast and sausage links. After she gets everything written down, she looks back over to me and gives a subtle wink. She gets who we are and understands it.