Bomb Squad

The Cleaners fire their assault rifles as they run toward the advancing team of Spider-Man and two division agents. One of the Cleaner sweepers ducks behind cover while a cleaner engineer follows him. A few seconds later, the cleaner engineer deploys a makeshift sentry turret. Just in time too, as Oliver comes in running with his shotgun in hand. The turret targets Oliver and beings to shoot. Oliver slides behind forklift truck and hunkers down as the turret fires away. The engineer pokes his head out and shoots his M870 Express shotgun alongside with the sentry turret.

"Jesus, these cleaners are crafty." Oliver grunts as bullets from the sentry gun bounce off of the forklift. "Freya, I need help over here!"

"I've got you!" Freya cries over the coms.

Freya is on the top catwalk where Oliver is on the ground, pinned down by enemy fire. Freya tosses her sentry gun on top of a stack of crates next to the forklift. The sentry gun fires away and takes out the cleaner before targeting the engineer. Oliver gets up from cover and blasts the engineer with his shotgun, making his target fall flat to the ground.

Spider-Man swings around the railyard and briefly observes the fighting between The Division agents and a handful of Cleaners. More shield Cleaners charge from a concrete bridge and run by a gasoline jug. Before Spider-Man could swoop in and take them on, Freya fires at the gasoline jug and sets it off. The Cleaners stop running and start flailing around as they are in flames. Oliver executes them in a bust of gunfire and signals Freya to move up with him as Spider-Man swings around. Spider-Man lands on top of the light post as the gunfire stopped for a brief moment of time.

"Okay, agents. As soon as you lock the situation, I've got a joint CERA-JTF strike force ready to move in." Faye announces. "They'll take samples from as many refugees as they can find."

"Medical personal?" Jessica Kandel asks on the radio.

"A couple of EMTs in the mix, doctor, yes." Faye replies back.

"A couple. As in only two?"

"The rest are first aid certified. They know how to tap a vein. Get going Agen-"

Jessica quickly jumps in on the call. "Without contaminating the samples, I assume."

"Jesus, she didn't even blink on that one." Spider-Man thought to himself.

"Or infecting themselves, yes." Faye Lau answers before signing off.

"I'll take your word for it."

The coms fall silent for a moment, which received a sigh of relief from Freya who moves forward with Oliver to take on the advancing Cleaners. Spider-Man drops down to the ground and scratches the back of his head as he hangs back from the action. Normally, he would try to keep the body count the agents leave behind to a minimal, but the agents were doing their best to clear the area. On the coms was Doctor Kandel speaking.

"This is Doctor Kandel. Sample team, can you hear me?"

"This is MaryJane Watson with Lieutenant Patel speaking."

"Wait, what is she doing out there?" Spider-Man gasps in his head.

"Can you put Patel on?"

"Patel here, send traffic." Says the lieutenant

"Good, listen. I need you guys to log intake from everybody you get a sample from – age, gender, ethnicity, general state of health on a ten-point scale – then label and group the samples according to-"

"Excuse me, doctor, but maybe this can wait until we get confirmation the op is actually complete?" Faye Lau pleads on the line. "There's a bomb our team needs to defuse."