More Questions and Answers

-AIM's secret headquarters-

Monica folds her hands together as she reads over the latest progress report from a two-page document the agent that have been following Mark Raxton for a while. The document itself was brief. There haven't been any encounters of Spider-Man since Mark has been hunting him down. This made Monica freeze at the realization that Mark probably doesn't know how to track people and is probably wondering aimlessly around the city for the hero in a desperate attempt to save his half-sister. As she finished reading the report, there was a ding sound at the door.

"Come in." Monica commands.

The door opens and lets in another AIM operative. The agent in the yellow beehive suit walks up to Monica's desk and stands still, waiting to be spoken to. Monica looks up from her desk and at the agent of AIM. There hasn't been any good news for AIM, and it shows on Monica's face. Her plan of taking New York has been halted by a serious roadblock, Spider-Man. Perhaps the agent's urgent arrival can change that.

"I got something to report Ma'am." The agent says while he produces a tablet from his pocket. "Our drone surveillance team have reported fewer sightings of Cleaners. We believe that something happened to them."

"In the future, please don't check on the Cleaners." Monica groaned. "But at least they won't be in the way or asking for any of our supplies. What about those convicts?"

"They are still at large controlling their territory while the JTF are starting to spread out into what's left of the Cleaner's territory."

"I see." Monica checks the map of New York that was put together by her recon team on her computer and finds a section of the city crossed out with a big red X. This is new to her, making her curious about what's going on. "What's this red X doing here?"

"One of our drones entered in an area from Gramercy to Turtle Hill districts in what we call the No-Fly Zone." The operative explains. "Anytime our drones enter that area, it goes down. We have hit the self-destruct button before it crashed and the people can send a sweep team to find out what they shot down, but we have no idea what's going on over there."

We might have some competition. Damn it. Monica blinks twice. "Alright, then don't fly over in that area until we know what's going on over there. What about Mark?"

"Mark is still alive and had a rough in with some street gangs." The AIM agent shook his head. "We need a new approach of finding Spider-Man instead of having someone look up at the sky in hopes they can find him swinging around."

"I agree." Monica replies. "He's looking in the right place, right?"

"He is. But our drones have noticed a pattern when we last seen him in the Garment district and at the Construction site in Clinton. He's working with some people."

"Same people who wear those fancy watches that Mark mentioned?" Monica blinks as her tone shifts to a more hopeful one.

"That we cannot confirm or deny. But it's likely that whoever these people are, they aren't to be messed around even if they are with the JTF."

Monica thinks for a moment as she formulates her next action. These people with fancy watches again. It's clear that Spider-Man trusts whoever is working with JTF. She then folds her hands together and looks at the AIM agent again.

"Send a drone to Madison Square Garden, nearby the JTF's base. We need to see who these people are and if they are going to be a threat to our plans."

"At once, Scientist Supreme."

The AIM agent turns around and runs off to tell the recon team to send a drone over to the JTF's territory. Monica sinks back into her seat as she looks over the map of drones flying over Manhattan. A few minutes pass, some of the drones divert their attention from their regular position to Madison Square Garden area.  If there is going to be any hope of getting Spider-Man, it would have to come from the people he's working with. All that AIM has to do is find more of the agents with the fancy high tech watches.