Broadway Emporium

Monica sits still as best as she could in her chair as the rest of her agents, with one missing, fill in their seats. As soon everyone sat down and the doors swing shut, sealing the conference room from any unwanted intrusion, the lead scientist nods once. One of the AIM agents projects on screen a video recording of the agent who was tasked to set up the bomb. Monica folds her hands apart as she watches the video the beginning to the end. She then stops the video as soon the agent injects himself with a neurotoxin, freezing it at the sight of Spider-Man and a man in a blue hood.

"So, this is what happened to our agent who volunteered to help the Cleaners to set up the bomb?" Monica asks.

"Yes, scientist supreme." The A.I.M. agent nods to Monica.

"He did what he could to not compromise us." Her voice changes with a bit of fear in her voice. "What's the damage?"

"According to the report, our agent gave a story that he's just a Cleaner. However, it seems we have bigger problems..."

Monica looks closely at the screen, making sure she wasn't seeing an illusion. "It's bad enough that Spider-Man isn't dead. Any idea who his friend is?"

"We tried to run a facial recognition on him." A second A.I.M. agent says. "However, we didn't get anything. We are building a file on him if anything else should come up."

"Damn it." Monica slams her fist on the table gently, not trying to hurt herself. "People, what's the damage again?"

"Here's our damage assessment, Ma'am." The A.I.M. agent began. "Spider-Man is helping the JTF to retake control of the city we want to hold. The JTF have our bomb and will conclude the Cleaners didn't make this and suspect someone like us are helping them."

Monica stands up as her eyes flicker to the footage of Spider-Man talking with the mysterious man. She took a moment to breathe and think, using her superior intellect to come up with a plan. She glances at Spider-Man once again until a lightbulb lights up in her head. It changes her mood from desperation into a glimmer of hope. She sits back down with a grin on her face.

"People, the time of playing in the shadows is over and it's time we flex our muscles with our state of the art technology." Monica announces to the group of agents. "We need to take that bomb back before the JTF bring it to their base and we are going to have to be quick and fast on this. Stevenson, can your people make that happen?"

"We could use the trans-portal technology to teleport the bomb back once we attack the convoy carrying the bomb. We should have no problem of recovering it."

She looks over to a monitor that displayed footage from hidden drones in the Garment district of the city. She watches Spider-Man swing around as the people of New York look up. Monica puts her hands together and beams a bright smile, something that made her feel better considering what AIM needs to do to continue its mission to re-emerge and take over New York.

"Excellent! Next, we need to take out Spider-Man in the meantime. Is there something that could make it look like the Cleaner's MO of using incendiary based methods?" Monica thinks for a moment. Then another idea hits her. "What about Molten Man?"

"Project Molten Man, Ma'am? We were planning to shut down because we had no use for him." The first A.I.M. agent replies. "Should we send him after Spider-Man?"

"I personally say yes." Says another AIM agent. "Spider-Man and the JTF won't know what to do when Molten Man can burn up to three hundred degrees Fahrenheit. Good enough to burn anything in its path."

"Let's take it to a vote." Monica says. "All in favor of deploying Project Molten Man, say aye."

The room nodded once and raised their hands. The vote was unanimous in their decision. Monica stands up and steps out of the room. She heads through the corridors to the R&D room. The scientists in the room stopped working and look up to Monica as she steps into the room.