Brooklyn Streets

Spider-man rises up from his bed with a gasp. He's quickly finds himself in a faint small apartment bedroom with a flashlight turned on and pointing up to the ceiling. He holds his head still as he adjust to his surroundings.

"I don't remember being here..." He muttered to himself. "How did I get here?"

He soon notices his duffel bag resting on a chair with a fancy watch next to it. He slowly gets up and heads over to grab it. He quickly looks inside to see nothing was taken. His spare change of clothes, some snacks, and his cellphone are all there and accounted for. How nice for someone to leave the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man like that.

Suddenly, the door opens slowly. Spider-man jumps back without making a sound and waits a second. A JTF soldier enters the room with a tray of food and a glass of water. He stops and freezes as he sees the bed empty. Then he notices Spider-man standing in one side of the room and nearly drops the tray. The tray rattles a little before he regains his grip on the handles.

"Jesus, you scared me." The JTF soldier cried and sets the tray down on the table. "You woke up quicker than we expected."

"I appreciate the surprise room service." Spidey quipped. "Where am I?"

"Plymouth Rock, an apartment complex in Brooklyn." The JTF sergeant replied. "You recover quick from a hit like that."

"I've fortunately been through worse." Spider-man rubbed his head a little. "Wait...I was knocked out?"

"Yep for about two weeks." The JTF checks his watch before his eyes dart to the door. "There's someone you need to meet. She should be walking in at any moment.

And as if it were on cue, the door opens again. A Chinese woman steps into the room. Spidey can spot the orange circle glowing on her watch. She sighed happily and draws a smile.

"Well, that was quicker than I expected." She says. Then, she turns her head to the JTF soldier. "I'll debrief him. Head on out."

The JTF hurries out of the room. The woman with the special watch sits down on the chair and folded her arms and sets her eyes on the wall crawler.

"Glad you're still amongst the living, Spidey." She reaches her hand out. "I wish we met in better circumstance. I'm Faye Lau."

"Yeah... and I'm the friendly neighbor Spider-Man." He shakes her hand. "You don't seem to be wearing enough green to be JTF."

"Right... quite observant of you." The woman chuckles a little. "I'm working along with the JTF as an agent of the Strategic Homeland Division."

"Wait... Strategic Homeland Division? I've never heard of it."

For someone like Spider-man to be in a world where the Avengers, SHIELD, and other super-secret or powerful agencies in the world exist, this was something that seem to have appeared out of the blue. Faye flashes her fancy watch that's glowing an orange circle.

"Yep. Don't worry, it's not a secret that I have to kill you over." Faye continued. "SHD or The Division for short. The federal government has activated Directive 51, giving us authorization on the Green Poison situation to pick up the pieces and save what remains. It's what brought you out of Manhattan to Brooklyn as we knew you're valuable to this city."

"I'm very touched you guys pulled it off. Does this Division have a plan in place?"

"Yes. It's going to blow your mind." Faye cuts in. "We are assembling a massive wave of agents that will be deployed into Manhattan once order in Brooklyn is restored."

"Well, you get onto saving Brooklyn." Spider-man looks to the door and starts to walk out. "I'll be in Manhattan waiting for you and your agents when you're ready."