The Wave Pt. 1 (e.c ❤️)

In which Embry imprints on Y/n.

Slightly based off The Wave by Colouring

Embry hadn't meant to be gone for weeks on end. He had no intentions of cutting everyone and everything out of his life. Missing school, coming home very late and avoiding his now ex girlfriend. She had gotten fed up with his recent behavior and decided to end things via text message. Embry now sat on his bed scrolling through their old text messages. He was heartbroken to say the least, he didn't mean for any of this.

Embry sighed, tossing his phone on the bed next to him and flopping backwards. He popped his headphones in

I know we pushed all to the limit and I know I wouldn't give you up for a minute. If it's alright....

He stared at his ceiling, counting the glow in the dark stars he had decorated his room with when he was younger. Times were simpler then, he didn't have all this responsibility.

If it's alright maybe we just got lost in the madness can we let go and forgive everything and make it alright...and it's alright....

*23...24....25....BUZZ BUZZ*

His phone vibrating interrupted his mindless thinking & without hesitation he picked it up hoping it'd be Y/n. All he wanted was the chance to explain himself, but she had been ignoring his texts for days now. He was becoming desperate at this point just wanting to see her. He looked down at his phone. It was a text from Sam. It simply read; "meeting at my house tn @7" Embry sighed again, texting back a "k". He looked at the time it was 5 pm giving him sometime to get ready.

6:30 rolled around and Embry hopped into his truck adorned in some sweatpants and a hoodie. Despite his temperature running around 108° he dressed how he felt. Depressed. He wasn't really in the mood to listen to Sam rant tonight. He had other things on his mind. He knew his peers we're all going through the same thing but somehow he doubted that they would understand. The drive to Sam's house was short and much faster than he anticipated. He was still trapped in his thoughts when he pulled up.  "Fuck..." He cursed taking the key out the ignition and hopping out of his vehicle. He slammed the door, much harder that he wanted too, causing the whole truck to vibrate. He was still getting used to his new found strength. He shook his head, pulling his hood over his head and heading into Sam's.

When he walked through the door he noticed he was the last one to arrive. Everyone was sitting around the table and they were all looking at him. "What?" He snapped at them, not meaning to sound so upset, but he really wasn't in the mood.

"Nothing" Sam said crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair; "Just glad you're here. Finally."

"It's 6:53...." Embry blurted; "I'm not late"

"Wow attitude much?" Quil, another one of his pack members remarked. Making Embry shoot a glare at him. Quil quickly shut his mouth and averted his eyes else where. Embry took a seat at the kitchen table. And turned his attention to Sam.

A couple hours later and the "meeting" was over. It was a Saturday night and Embry had nothing better to do so he decided to stay with Sam at his place. His pack mates were inside too but Embry found himself out back, alone sitting at the picnic table. He was looking at pictures of him and Y/n. He felt his heart aching. He just wanted to talk to her.... explain to her everything that's been going on with him. Why he disappeared, why it seem as if he stopped caring & why he had to change.

The sound of his name being called stopped his thought process as he looked up to find Sam coming towards him.

"You wanna tell me what's wrong with you now?" Sam asked taking a seat across from Embry at the table. Even though Sam had a hard exterior, inside he was a big softy. He wanted what was best for his boys at the end of the day. He knew Embry had something on his mind. He was quiet the whole meeting which wasn't like the boy.