Saturday,
December 31st

After the Christmas holiday, Harry and I had spent everyday together. I was always going to his place, were my parents thrilled? Of course not. But, I didn't care much. I hated being around my family around the holidays. Especially since my brothers were in town, it never ended well. Obviously, I was trying to avoid them.

We were laying in Harry's bed, just enjoying the company of one another. Harry was playing with my fingers, intertwining his with mine. "Dove?" He spoke. "Mhm?" I lifted my head. "Are you doing anything for New Years tonight, darling?" He asked. "Not really, I usually just sit at home in my room watching the ball drop while my parents go host their annual New Year's party at the City Hall. Why?" I asked. "I'm heading over to my mum's if you'd like to join me." He suggested, I sat up. "Are you sure? I'd hate to intrude.." I told him. Harry then began to graze his fingers against my arm. "No, not at all. My mum actually wanted to meet you." He smiled. "You told your mum about me?" I cocked my head slightly. "Of course I have!" He said, I turned my head as I bit my lip nervously. "What's wrong?" He asked as he sat up beside me. I turned my head to face him. "Nothing, um...I just didn't think I'd be meeting your mum so soon." I stammered, a little off guard. "Well, I've already met your mum, so it's only fair you meet mine." He chuckled. "You're right.." I sighed looking down. "Hey," I felt his finger under my chin before lifting my head to look at him. "I was kidding, babe. It's okay." He spoke. "No, it's fine. I'd actually really like to meet her." I softly smiled. "Great! She'll love you." He brought his hand to my cheek and caressed it with his thumb.

I had to be grateful my parents had already left for their little soirée when Harry had dropped me off to get dressed. I put on a white, knit turtleneck and one of my plaid skirts as well as my thick socks before putting on my black boots and my long, brown, teddy bear coat. Harry picked me up from the house and we were on our way to his mother's.

Harry and I had arrived at the front doorstep of his mother's house. I adored the cute front door mat read 'home' in cursive surrounded with flowers, butterflies, and other insects. Harry held my hand before knocking on the door. "Oh, I forgot to mention she'll ask about your intentions, give you a background check-" He joked. "Harryy!" I whined, he chuckled. "I'm just kidding, babe. She's is going to love you." He reassured me before the door opened. "Hi, my baby." She greeted him with a hug. "Hi mumma!" Harry chimed as he let go of my hand. "Who's this gorgeous one?" She pulled away from him. I greeted her with a smile. "Mum, this is Dove. Dove, this is my lovely mother, Anne Twist." Harry introduced. "It's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Twist." I smiled. "Oh please, sweetheart. You can call me Anne. It's so nice to finally meet you." She said as she pulled me in for a quick hug. "Well, it's quite cold out here. Come in, I'll get you both something to drink." She spoke. "It's okay, mum, I've got it. You want anything to drink, darling?" He asked as he helped me remove my coat. "Um, a rum and coke if there's any." I asked, Harry nodded. "Darren! Harry's here." Anne called out. A man walked out from the hallway. "Harry, always nice to see you!" He greeted him with a hug and a handshake. "Darren, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine. This is Dove. Dove, this is my mother's partner, Darren. I'm going to go make your drink." Harry introduced us. "It's nice to meet you, Dove." Darren smiled as he stuck his hand out. "It's nice to meet you as well." I replied shaking his hand.

I had walked over to the bar area where Harry was quick to make my requested drink. "Here's yours, darling." He said handing me the scotch glass. "Thank you." I smiled before taking a sip. It was actually the best drink I've had. "Wow, if music wasn't your career I'd say you'd make a great bartender." I smiled, he chuckled as he putting the cola back into the fridge. "I've learned to make a drink or two." He said as he placed the rum bottle back onto the counter. He picked up his drink before he came back around from behind the bar table with his arm around my waist and then the doorbell rang. "Harry could you get that please? I think it's your sister and Michal." Anne asked. His sister, Harry had told me a bit about her. She was his older sister, she was had her own private practice, they were close and that he really looked up to her. Which I adored, I always aspired to have a relationship like that with my siblings. It was sweet. Harry had walked over to the front door. "Hi, Gem!" Harry chimed. "It's my baby brother!" Her voice beamed as she stepped into the house hugging him. He spoke, they kissed each other's cheek. She had light brown hair and fairish-pale skin with a few freckles, she was stunning. "There's someone I'd like you to meet." Harry turned to face me. "C'mere, darling." He said reaching out his hand to me. I set down my drink and walked over to him taking his hand. "Gemma, this is Dove. Dove, this is my sister, Gemma." He introduced me. "This is the Dove? Gosh, she's prettier than her picture!" Gemma exclaimed as I smiled. "Oh stop, you're gorgeous." I told her before she hugged me. "You officially are my new best friend! It's so lovely to finally meet you! Harry has told me sooo much about you." She said hugging me. I felt my cheeks grow a little red. "Gemma!" Harry interjected. She pulled away. There was a man that stood behind Gemma walking through the door. "Dove, this is my fiancé Michal." Gemma introduced, I waved hi. Harry greeted him with a hug and a handshake. I shook Michal's hand, "Nice to meet you, Dove." He said. "You as well." I replied. Harry took both Gemma and Michal's hanging them onto the coatrack before walking into the house. We walked back towards the kitchen. "Hi mum!" Gemma spoke. "Hi, my angel!" Anne chimed as she gave her a visibly tight hug before doing the same to Michal. "Alrighty! Now that everyone's finally here, why don't the boys go set up the television and stereo for the New Years show and girls, you help me get a start on this charcuterie board." Anne suggested. I nodded, Harry kissed my cheek before he walked into the other room. I walked into the kitchen.