Chapter 2 (In which he has things for bad boys)

School; A place youths dreaded the most. Especially Jack, but not because of the work, the exams and the assignments. Oh no, it was the bullying he dreaded. Regardless of all of that, he was seated in his class room preparing for a test but he just couldn't focus. He was never involved in anything crime worthy in his life until last night. As the test papers were being distributed he shook his head ridding himself of those distracting thoughts and readied himself for the quiz. He was always top of his classes. An 'A' grade student and it'd kill him to fail and disappoint his mom, so like every quiz, he was topping this one too.

-----------------------------

After school he and his only friend, Kim was having ice cream at an old ice cream parlour around the corner from their school and knowing that it was a Friday night he was in no hurry to get home. That was until he looked up to the entrance when he heard it open and saw the two men from the last night and their other associates. When they saw Jack they began approaching his table.

"Yo get up!" They one who was mostly silent last night ordered Jack. Kim gasped in surprised and looked on in absolute confusion. Jack had not yet told her what had happened last night it seemed.

"Where's our shit, fag?" The one who was taking blows last night asked gruffly.

Jack rolled his eyes, not at all intimidated by a pussy who was being beaten last night before his eyes without so much as putting up a defence. He casually brushed off the insult and replied, "I can't be walking around with that kind of shit, I left it home." He said quietly, not wanting the other people in the parlour to hear what he was talking about.

"Fuck you waiting for then, lets go!" They hurried Jack out the parlour and Kim scurried out her booth and behind them, confused and freaking petrified. Shaking she followed Jack into their vehicle and headed to his house.

When they arrived at Jack's house, he ran inside to retrieve their stuff all the while checking to make sure his mom wasn't home. When he got the bag with their stuff and walked to them seeing them on his small porch made his stomach churn. He wasn't comfortable with them knowing exactly where he lived, or even standing on his porch so he hurriedly give them their belongings wanting them to leave.

The loud one grinned and slapped Jack Lightly on his cheek, "Good boy." He laughed with the others as they walked off heading to their car. The one who was mostly quiet last night staggered on his way to the car before turning around and approaching Jack once more.

"Thanks," he nodded to Jack who was already passed the threshold in his house and holding his door and then walked away again. Jack did not expect it and knew he didn't have to thank him-- well of course they all should have, he saved their asses-- but it was nice that he still came back to show his respect to Jack, even though they detested Gays.

Jason was his name and Jack remembered him very well. As Jack watched his retreating figure he scrawled and slammed the door shut in vexation, but once it was shut his poker face fell and he sighed leaning his back against the door frame. Jason and Jack were good friends back in middle school but when the word got around with Jack's... Sexuality, well everything changed drastically. When they entered high school they were all introduced to King, the school biggest bully and although Jason and Jack were no longer friends he knew Jason well enough to know that he also never liked the gang life.

Things just took a turn for the worst for him when his big brother died, it left Jason no other choice but to help provide food on the table. His mom was already working too jobs but the lord knows that there's only so much they'd pay black people in this state. They had to provide for both themselves and the little sister/daughter and to make ends meet they had to do what they had to do, whether it was legally or illegally. Especially since after that night his brother was shot. His mother just haven't been the same ever since.

King was the bad boy on the block, he had the respect of all the gang members and everyone else in the community, who didn't love him knew to fear him for he was a real killer. He was ruthless in the streets. Jack had a thing for bad boys and King was his dream guy regardless of his messy reputation, but he knew that he could never be with King, King wasn't gay and even if he was Jack was sure that king would never like him anyway.

Kim sat on his couch eagerly awaiting an explanation and sighing tiredly, Jack pushed himself off of the door and sat next to her on the couch explaining everything that had happened the night before.

------------------------
Word Count: 870