Chapter 3 (Friends and betrayal)

Jack loved going to the library after school to study because his mom was never home for him to spend his time with as she was almost always working and being an only child it got lonely.

It seemed as if luck left Jack since the very first night of the incident. As he was walking home from the library he heard a round of gunshots ring out. He gasped in fear and ducked behind a large garbage bin in an alley way in an attempt to hide. He heard the screeching of tires approaching as the shots got louder. He knew he should've already been accustomed to these things but he was downright petrified. He was surprised he hadn't yet crapped himself.

Suddenly he heard the patter of running footsteps approaching his hiding place and saw a tall, lanky guy who had an expression of fear covering his features. As he was about the bank the turn fully and take cover near Jack, more shots rang out and unfortunately sliced right into the mans body. He cried in pain and bullets flow into his back, legs and arms and his body bounced on the ground as more shots ran through him.

Jack was shaking in fear.

Why the FUCKKKKK am I always being caught up in this shit??! Dammit!

"H-help.." The soon to be dead man croaked reaching out an arm to Jack with pleading eyes as he laid in the middle of the cold concrete pavement but jack couldn't do anything to help him, all he could do was hide behind a dumpster and hope no one saw him.

The speeding car came to a stop and two guys jumped out giving the almost dead young man six more shots in the head killing him instantly. Jack jumped, and slapped his hand over his mouth in regret when he accidentally screamed. The shooters heard the sound and ran towards it. Ready without hesitation to shoot Jack too. Jack's heart thrummed achingly fast in his chest.

This was it. This is how my fat ass was going to die. Behind a fucking dumpster!

Jack began to cry as the man stood in front of him now, but his tears made it hard for him to see the man's face. The gun glittered under the moon's light and Jack sobbed louder, as he reflected on so many things that had happened in his life.

When some tears cleared away and Jack looked up to the mans his heart dropped. It was King, the merciless King. There was no way in hell he'd survive this. Jack squinted his eyes shut awaiting for the shots to fly through him. As he was about to say his last words, police sirens rang out through to alley way and the lights flashed.

"Shit!" Said Kings accomplice. "Yo lets fucking roll!"

King cursed, and tucked the gun in his side and ran back to the car. His cold stare looked back to Jack as if warning him and Jack shuddered in fear. After the surprise of King not killing him left his body, he jumped up and booked it the fuck out of there before the police saw him, Cause then he'd be in some more deep shit. Jack ran past the dumpster and ran straight home locking everything up tightly, afraid they'd come after him next.

-------- ------------

A few days later....

A few days had passed and Jack was comfortable enough to go back to school and continue on with his life and act like nothing happened. Kim was happy to see Jack at school because she knew that someone was shot a few houses away and was glad to see that is wasn't Jack and that he was safe. Kim hugged him and kissed him on his mouth, he immediately recoiled and gasped when he pulled away from her. She laughed loudly, completely amused and he smacked her arm.

He scrub his lips and glared at her, "I don't know where your slutty mouth be! Don't be doing that shit, girl!" He looked as if he was about to get a heart attack and that made Kim laugh louder.

After sobering she looked at him in concern, "Are you sure you're okay, Jack?"

He looked at her and smiled, "of course I'm great, girl."

"And you're sure you didn't see nothing??" She pushed on and his smiled wavered. He never told her anything.

Why's she acting like she knows?

"What?" he tried to sound confused but he sounded more suspicious than anything.

"You know, the young man that got shot and murdered? It happened around your side and the police is giving about a $2000 reward for any information that could help them catch the killer or killers." She explained and he sighed in relief.

"Oh? Haha, girl you know I sleep like I dead log. I didn't know, plus I had came down with a stomach flew." He lied, but he also felt guilty for lying to his best friend. "Look-" as he was about to confess the truth to her the bell rang out. After promising to meet up again after school they parted ways to their respective classes.

----- ------------------

"I'll walk you home," Kim offered after school but jack was confused because Kim lives on the other end, a good distance away from him and she never offered to walk him home before. Although it was hesitant he agreed anyways and they went on there merry way to Jacks house. Walking home, Kim asked a lot of questions seeming as though she was intrigued by what had happened a few night before but for some reason Jack didn't tell her anything because he honestly didn't want to relive what had happened to him that night. They finally made it to Jacks house and when they entered Kim threw herself in his couch.

"Can you get me some water, Jack?" Kim asked and Jack smiled down at her.

"yeah sure give me a sec'." He said as he walked into the kitchen to grab a water bottle from the fridge. "Your fat ass is so laz-" he began to say as he retreated to living room but the bottle fell fro! His hands when his eyes landed on the guy that accompanied King at the shooting couple nights ago.

Jack was surprised, confused and scared as hell but he was more surprised when he saw Kim's body sitting on the guys lap. Betrayal began to set me and he inwardly fumed at Kim for letting him into his house. As Kim got up, he rushed to Jack pinning him up against the wall and although Jack read scared shitless, he couldn't help himself.

"ou, I actually like this position.."

The guy slammed him roughly against the wall making him hit his head. Jack groaned I pain.

"Don't hurt him!" Kim screeched but the man's eyes were blazing. "Tyrone! He ain't did nothing, baby please let him go!" She begged.

"Why King let you live?!" Tyrone growled scrambling up Jacks silk shirt and pushing him more into the wall. "is he fucking you, fag?!" Tyrone smiled, "Are you fucking him?!"

Jack simply replied, "No." Too tired to fight back.

Tyrone on the other hand wasn't satisfied with that response, he landed a swift blow into Jacks stomach and I'm yelled.

"Tyrone, let him go!"

"Shut the fuck up bitch!" He growled at her before looking back at a wheezing Jack

All of a sudden a car was heard pulling up at the side of Jacks house.

"Who did you fucking call, fag?!" Tyrone chucked Jack against the wall. "Answer me!"

"No one!" Jack screamed.

King pushed open the door with two guys trailing behind him. When King saw the commotion he threw Tyrone on the ground and pinned him down.

"Get the fuck off of me nigga!" Yelled Tyrone.

"Yo what the fuck is wrong with you?! You're causing a fucking commotion, nigga! I told you man, I'll handle this shit didn't I?" King grunted trying to keep Tyrone on the floor.

"It's broad motha' fuckin' daylight yo! What you think gon' happen now? You bringing more heat on us fucka what are u doing?!" Tyrone stayed silent.

"Get your ass up!" King said as he got up and snatched Tyrone up with him. He pushed him outside and they all began filing out leaving King and Jack.

King's eyes were blazing and Jack felt weak on the floor, "you better keep your motha' fuckin' mouth shut if you wanna live!"

Then he left again leaving one thought in Jacks mind.

Why didn't he kill me?
------- ----------------

Word Count: 1443