chapter 6 (Love makes you stupid, doesn't it?)

Weeks had passed and Jack was always indoors again. He had had too much of the outdoor experience in the hood. He was once again always by himself. He didn't see Kim or King after the whole shit show at the party that night so finally after a long time everything was back to normal. Nothing happened since.

Jack's mother noticed a difference in him, he was more sad than usual so as she was about to leave for work she came into his room to check on him. She walked in to see him sulking on his bed gazing through his window, trapped in his train of aching thoughts. She then decided to take a day off. Its been a long time since she did and spend actual quality time with her son and she planned on using it to make him feel better regardless of what happened to him over the period of time that past.

Although it took lots of convincing she got him to come out of the house. She took him to the park and shopping then to the ice cream parlour to get his favourite ice cream. Jack loved ice cream and after that day he could surely say that he had an amazing time. After a while he was finally smiling again.

As they were heading back home Jack noticed a car following them but he was afraid to say anything to his mom for he knew that she would freak out. He grinded his teeth he nervousness, he had to quickly do something.

As his mom was driving and singing along to her music he said, "Hey mom? Can we make a stop at the supermarket?"

"Oh? Yes of course, Honey!" She said and made a stop at the Supermarket near by. As they got out and entered the market with his mom he noticed the car continue its drive pass them without pause.

Was he being paranoid?

Once home he made sure to lock all the doors and windows in the house just in case. Jack and his mom watched shows on the tele and ate snacks all night long before they finally fell asleep. For Jack? Well Jack felt happy again.

------- --------------

Weeks had passed and it was time for school once again but Jack wasn't sure on whether he should've been excited or just concerned, either ways, he went. To his surprise Kim was no where to be found and a part of him was terrified.

What if King found out that she saw them and he did something bad to her?

So after school he tried calling her phone but got no answer. So he called King to see if he had heard from her but to his annoyance, King hadn't heard from her either.

"Isn't she your girlfriend?!" Jack asked frustrated. "Did-- did you kill her?" He asked hesitantly.

"Why the fuck would I do that, yo?!" King growled and Jack sighed realizing that king had not a clue.

"Ai, I'm just worried man, thanks though." And Jack ended the call.

The police were called from Jack's next door neighbors concerning an oblivious break in to Jack's home without his knowledge and so they came to investigate. When they knocked on his door and was greeted by Jack, they explained the situation at hand but Jack was slightly confused.

Someone tried to break in? When?

"Oh, I'm sorry officer there must be a misunderstanding... I'm quite alright I-"

And then a thudding sound came from upstairs. Jack was home alone.

The police saw the surprised yet fearful look on Jacks face and without hesitation ran in to investigate. They found king in a house hiding away and the also found a gun and some drugs on him so he was sure going to jail.

"This ain't my shit man! It's his!" King falsely accused Jack. Jack stood there dumbstruck.

"Wh-"

"You got to believe me man, its all his shit." King lied but the officers didn't believe him. King was a well known criminal and with his evidence he'd surely go away for a long time. This was his last strike!

He looked at Jack with pleading eyes. Begging him to take the fall. You see love, it makes some of us very stupid, very foolish.

"Wait," Jack called. "He isn't lying..."

That's when Jack realised how deep in shit he was in. He realised then and there that he loved King, and foolishly knew he'd do anything and everything for him...

-------- ----------
Word Count: 754