Chapter 7 (Thin line between love and war. The closing chapter)

After taking the blame, Jack was put on bail, mostly due to his mothers pleading and his clear track record while King was released. During the days before Jack was released on bail, King never thought of visiting him even though Jack falsely took the blame for him. King was ungrateful and selfish, that much Jack realised and although it took him some time you realised it. Even though the police were threatening him to lock him up, probably because they wanted him to crack and admit that it was indeed Kings stuff and not his, he didn't say anything. Jack was a smart kid who loved reading and watching law documentaries, he knew that the police didn't have a warrant to search his house which was basically illegal and he wasn't even an adult so they could not possibly imprison him.

Jack asked his mom to represent him in court but she was a nurse, she knew nothing about the law but yet he convinced her to do it, telling her he'd tell her what to say to get him freedom and it worked perfectly, this why he was released on bail.

He was freed of all charges because it was an illegal search.

His mom, of course was furious. Regardless of him being free and  knowing him to be a good kid who did NOT do drugs or have an illegal firearm, she knew it was bad company and hated the fact that her son was surrounding himself with.

Eventually, they both made a decision to move and after about a month of getting everything set, and house sold they left. She had always wanted to move, save her son from this lifestyle that his father died in when Jack was still in her belly and finally she could. She realised it was finally time and she had saved up enough money.

The move and everything was great, Jack was in a new school, with new friends and for the first time he felt like he was where he should be. The people there accepted him for who he was and they were the complete opposite of the others from his old town.

Safe to say that this was not the ghetto!

King hadn't seen jack in awhile so he began to worry that he was pressured and was giving the police information. He decided to call Jack and ask him where he was, but Jack on the other hand had made a promise to his mom about him not trying to get back in contact with anyone from there past, especially King. Unfortunately for Jack, King kept calling him.

"Ugh..." He sighed in annoyance. "I really need to change my number!" Jack groaned staring at the screen. He snatched the phone up and answered, "What?!" He screeched.

"I-" King was stunned into silence.

"For fucks sake! You what?!" Jack asked in annoyance.

"Where are you?" King asked slowly.

"None of your fucking business!" Jack cursed. "If you're worried about me selling you out don't bother! I didn't say shit and I will never speak to cops about you. Hell! I'll never speak of you, period!" Jack was releasing all the pent up anger he had in store for King. King didn't believe him though, and wanted to meet with him and even though Jack knew it was a bad idea, he just couldn't help himself. The anger had died down and he just felt a bit guilty for his outburst, he missed Jack, he'd be lying if he said he didn't.

After school, Jack had given King the location of a coffee shop a few minutes away from his house. He didn't need King knowing where he lived. This was their last meeting anyways.

When King arrived, instead of coming out and into the coffee shop he demanded Jack to enter. Hesitantly Jack complied and when he finally looked at King he saw just how different he looked. King's entire face looked awfully tired, from the dark circles around his eyes to his overly grown hair and beard.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Jack couldn't help but ask.

"I was thinking... I'm gonna quit this game forever. Sick and tired of that gangsta lifestyle, man. I'm tired of hiding who I really am for the sake of what? A fucking image I portrayed to those fucks?" He asked looking at Jack, his eyes softening. "I wanna love who I love, freely. I wanna be happy. For real." He held Jacks eyes with his as Jack smiled happily. He was happy that king was finally getting his shit together.

King told Jack that in a few weeks he'll be out the game for good and that he hope they could be together and Jack had never ever been so ecstatic in his entire life.

"I realised I loved you the day you took the fall for me. No one had ever done that for me. You did, more than once.." He sighed in regret.

Jack leaned in to him and pecked his lips. King sighed into the kiss and kissed him harder. King wanted to have sex but Jack told him he'd have to wait until he leaves the game for good and King reluctantly agreed and left contented with his decision.

Jack went home with a huge smile on his face. His mom was sound asleep in the couch and he smiled at her before scooping her up and taking her to her bed. She had left her jobs and had gotten a new one that paid her well with workable working hours so now she got to spend more time with her son and more sleep.

Jack on the other hand was happy that him and King was rebuilding their relationship. They continuously chatted back and forth over the phone and one day King had told him that he missed him and wanted to see him, but it was already a Saturday and Jack's mom was home. He had no excuses to go on the road but he still wanted to see king because he too had missed him.

"Mom!" he called out to her and she came into the living to see what he wanted. "I'm heading to the bakery a corner away." He said sweetly.

"Oh? Let me grab my shoes, I always wanted to try their macaroons-"

"oh no mom I think I'll take this trip by myself, I'll get it for you though. I uh... I just need to take some fresh air." He fake sighed.

"Awe son, of course! Be careful!" She said kissing his cheek affectionately before shutting the door as he left.

King pulled up a few blocks away and Jack had hurriedly gotten in the car before they began to kiss passionately.

"I told my mother I was going to the bakery I have to hurry to get back home" Jack said as they pulled away breathing heavy.

"Mmm" King hummed still gazing at his lips. Completely awestruck. He took jack to get the macaroons and his favourite ice cream before to back to the same spot they met, Jack trusted him enough to take him a little closer to his house and so they went. As the car came to a stop, two houses away from Jacks house they got out King pulled him in to kiss him goodbye.

"I can't wait to see you again.." Jack whispered against kings lips.

"The amount of cold shower you make me take, Jack." King growled playfully pulling him back in for another kiss.

Slowly a black car pulled up alongside Kings and a few rounds of bullets pierced the quiet and peaceful air. Hearing them, King hurriedly tried to push Jack out the way but it was too late. About four pierced into Kings upper back and Jack screamed as he went tumbling down to the ground coughing up blood, eyes wide.

Jack looked up to see Kim. She give him a sadistic smile before nodding to Teo, another one of Kings old friends. It seemed as if she had told them about their little forbidden life after all. It was as if everything moved in slow motion, Jack saw the silver gun of the gun explode several times. Each bullet went flying into Jacks body and he stood there, shocked. His blood ran cold and tears welled up in his eyes. The car sped off as Jack body fell simply beside Kings. His mother along with other neighbours heard the racket and ran outside to discover the two bodies lying together. A pool of blood surrounding them.

"Oh, God! No!" Jack's mother cried uncaring about knees she scraped as she felt beside his body. "No! No! Somebody call the ambulance!" She bawled

Everybody was whispering and gasping as Jacks mother felt as if she was on the verge of blacking out.

"Call the fucking Ambulance!!"

Her voice echoed throughout the neighbourhood, everybody fell silent but the words and scream fell on deaf ears for both King and John.

The sirens in the background and Jacks mother's sobs filled that cold evening's air.

It seemed as if the disaster had came and Jack's story had ended.

THE END.

-------- ---------
Word Count: 1538