My Last Breath Is Yours

"But Dottore is gone, you moron. He can't help us make any more potions," a distant voice said.

"If he can just get us the chemicals, I can prepare it myself," Albedo said.

Venti's head hurt when he woke up. He looked around but there was no use. Wherever he was, darkness has enveloped it. He felt the walls with his hands. It was a small room with one door that he was too afraid to open.

"What did I just say? He's gone. If it weren't for your dumb ass, the process would've been easier." The person let out a vicious sigh. "How many do you have left?"

"One potion," Albedo said.

Venti placed his ear next to the door, listening closely. He shut his eyes to focus.

"Okay, don't waste it. When the time is right, I'll tell you where to move the Yaksha."

Venti's snapped his eyes open. Panic washed over him. He calmed his nerves and reminded himself to focus.

"But the effect won't last longer, if I don't use the last potion, he'll wake up."

"I don't care. Don't do anything dumb until I tell you. Understood?"

"Yes, Scaramouche."

"That's Lord Scaramouche to you...Say it."

"..."

"Do you want to avenge your home or not?"

"I do," Albedo said.

"Then say it before I make you."

"Yes Lord Scaramouche."

Venti covered his mouth. One instance after another flashed into his mind. The moment Albedo showed up, things weren't right. His heart dropped when he remembered the drinks Albedo gave them and how insistent he was on not trying the other person's drink.

A sharp screeching startled Venti. He was blinded by the light that came in when someone opened the small window to the metallic door. It was Albedo.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"What do you think?" Venti said.

"It's all going to be over soon."

"Oh thanks a lot, you're going to kill me," Venti said, giving him a mocking smile.

"Never," Albedo said, "I would never hurt you."

"Then what's this?" Venti pointed to the side of his neck.

From the dull lighting, Albedo could see where he injected Venti. The spot on his neck was a bit bruised. It hurt him knowing that he did that to him. He looked down before sliding the window closed.

"Wait, let me out. Let's talk outside, please!"

Nothing.

Venti leaned on the wall and slipped to the floor. "Maybe...maybe if you kiss it, I'll forgive you," he said.

He was certain that he wouldn't get an answer but after a few seconds, there was a crackling sound and the door opened. Albedo let himself inside. He examined Venti one more time then grabbed him in for an aggressive kiss. He'd missed his soft lips more than Venti will ever know. He pushed his mouth into his neck where the little injection scar was.

Venti let him go on for a bit longer then he jabbed his knee into Albedo's crotch, sending him to the floor. He sprinted out the door. Albedo, who was curled up, managed to grab hold of Venti's ankle and pull him. He fell chin first, his body slightly bouncing as he hit the ground.

He kicked Albedo off with all the strength he got and rushed out. The lights were still too bright but he managed to locate the potion on a small table. Without another thought, he took it and smashed it against the wall. The shards of glass reflected the white light of the room as they shattered. The potion spilled into the floor, being rendered useless.