06

THE QUEEN
__________________________________

Miwa had to retake a test, and Takeda got roped into helping a teacher with something, so it'd just be you taking care of the children.

"Sorry (f/n)! I'll find a way to pay you back!"

You begrudgingly walked to the club room, not too happy about having to take care of all the children by yourself.

You slid the door open, mentally preparing yourself to be bombarded by children, but instead, you just saw a little boy sitting alone on the carpet, holding a volleyball.

"Tobio? Where's everyone else?"

He stood up and waddled over to you, giving you a hug before answering.

"They all went on a field trip!"

'EVERYONE???'

Now that you thought about it, you did remember Tooru asking your mother for her to sign something, but it seemed odd that EVERYONE was gone.

"Why didn't you go with them?"

He raised his arms, letting you know to pick him up, which you did. He cupped his hands around your ear and whispered, almost as if he didn't want anyone else to hear.

"My parents weren't home so I didn't get permission,"

He seemed slightly bummed out by this, and who wouldn't be? Field trips didn't really happen too often, and missing out on them wasn't fun, especially on the day after, when everyone is talking about it.

You started to gently rock him,
"Well Tobio, it's your lucky day. You get me all to yourself today! What do you want to do?"

He blinked a few times before asking,
"Can we do anything?"

You nodded, and heard him gasp to himself before taking a few moments to think to himself.

"I want to watch volleyball!"

After a moment, he spoke again.

"Please!"

You didn't see why not, after all, it was just him, so it most likely wouldn't be too hard to keep track of the child.

You set him down on the ground, and held onto his hand.

"Okay Tobio, you ready to go watch how big kids play?"

He nodded excitedly, and you couldn't help but notice the jump in his step as the two of you walked through the hallways.

Before entering the gym, you knelt down to eye-level with the future setter.

"Okay Tobio, make sure to be quiet, we don't want to distract them, do we?"

He shook his head, and you smiled.

"Great! Make sure to stick close to me, okay?"

"Okay (f/n) nii-chan!"

The two of you quietly entered the gym, and you found a place to sit down, holding little Tobio in your lap.

Throughout the whole of the practice, his eyes were glued to the volleyball and the players, watching each and every move.

This gave you free reign to let you poke and squeeze his pudgy cheeks, as he was too absorbed in the game to notice.

About halfway through though, you started to notice his eyes starting to droop, and it seemed to get harder and harder for him to stay awake.

You whispered to him,
"You tired, Tobio?"