09

As soon as you got into the house, the two boys flung off their shoes, your younger brother dragging the other boy to 'his' room.

"C'mon! I wanna show you my things!"

You called out after them,
"Be nice Tooru!"

You had no doubt that he'd play nicely with the Sugawara, but you were worried he might get a bit pushy.

You picked up the tiny backpacks which were forgotten by the two children, and set them next to the couch before taking a seat.

You knew that one way or another you'd have to get involved with the two of them, so you made sure to enjoy your moment of reprieve.

You once again heard the shuffling of feet, quickly approaching you.

"Nii-chan! Can me and Koushi play volleyball outside please?"

They were both holding each others hands, almost as if they were afraid you'd say no.

You pat them both gently on the head,
"Of course! Just make sure to be kind and careful, alright?"

They both looked at each other with wide smiles before grabbing their shoes and running to the backyard.

Remembering what had happened last time you babysat, you decided to monitor their playing, watching them play while sitting on a lawn chair.

Although Tooru seemed to have an edge against Sugawara, they both looked like they were enjoying themselves, which is what mattered to you the most.

In the end your younger brother had won, and as you hoped, didn't brag all too much about it.

They both ran up to you, awaiting praise.

"Good job you two, I'm very proud of you both,"

You gave each of them a hug before starting to walk inside, holding their hand.

"It's getting dark, let's have dinner,"

They both sat opposite from each other, and you decided to claim one of the ends of the table as your spot.

You placed a plate of curry and rice in front of each of them, their stomachs roaring as the aroma of the food drifted into their noses.

"Thank you for the food!" You all said in unison.

They were both more than satisfied with their meals, and after cleaning up their faces with a napkin, you brought all the dishes to the sink, starting to clean them.

Sugawara walked up to you, barely able to see inside of the sink.

"I can help wash the dishes, (f/n nii-chan!"

You smiled gently at him,
"That's alright Koushi, you don't have to,"

He seemed shocked that you'd deny him. Normally, his parents would let him help, praising him for being so 'mature,' but you seemed to do nothing of the sort.

"A-are you sure?"

You placed a clean dish into the dishwasher to dry,
"Yup! You should go play with Tooru now, I've got this!"

You started to think about the age you started to wash the dishes, which was around the time your brother was born.

You wanted to make sure that the kids would have a childhood free of the same responsibilities you had to shoulder for as long as possible.

He reluctantly walked away, but seemed to forget all about it when going back to talk with your brother.

To be honest, you found the thing pretty adorable.