14

"(F/n), they're doing flu shots at the school nearby, I've talked with them and they've agreed to let you and Tooru get vaccinated,"

You groaned,
"And you want me to take Tooru there?"

Your mother gave you an apologetic look,
"Yeah,"

"Fine. Tooru, let's get ready to go,"

He ran up to you,
"Where are we going, nii-chan?"

You gave him a smile, saying your words in a strangely happy tone,
"We're going to get flu shots!"

He gasped, giving you a horrified look.

"B-but I already got one!"

You pulled him into your lap so he wouldn't be able to escape,
"That was last year, you have to get a new one now,"

He started fussing about in your arms,
"I don't wanna! Shots are scary! And they hurt!"

You cooed at him, gently hugging him,
"It'll be alright Tooru. You know what, if you get your shot like a brave little boy, then I'll buy you some ice cream! How does that sound?"

He suddenly stopped struggling, looking at your face to gauge whether or not you were lying. After ascertaining that you weren't trying to trick him, he reluctantly agreed, and you let him out of your hold so he could put his shoes on.

"You do that a lot, don't you?"

"Maybe,"

"I'll give you some money,"

You and your brother were the first ones there, and both of you walked to where the flu shot would be administered.

You looked down at your brother, who seemed scared for his life.

"Tooru, you want me to go first or you?"

One look from him let you know that you'd be the first, so you sighed, sitting down on the chair near where the nurse was waiting.

You rolled up your sleeve, and she wiped a part of your arm with an alcohol wipe, fanning the area with her hand before inserting the needle. It hurt a little, but not too much. By the end of it you were okay, but your younger brother didn't seem like it.

He sat down nervously on the chair, and you helped roll his sleeve up.

"It'll be okay Tooru, I promise. It'll only hurt for just a little bit, then we'll go get ice cream,"

He looked at you with pleading eyes,
"C-can you hold my hand please?"

You wordlessly grabbed his hand, and he squeezed yours with a death-grip as the needle went into him. He winced, his eyes closing shut as he squeezed your hand even harder.

The nurse quickly applied the bandaid, and Tooru opened his eyes, surprised at how fast it went. The nurse handed him a lollipop, and he hopped up into your lap.

"Nii-chan, I did it! I was brave!"

You gave him a hug,
"You sure were bud!"

You stayed and talked with the nurse a little bit longer, letting her know your healthcare provider and other basic information.

Soon familiar twins walked in, both seeming shyer than usual.

The nurse sighed,
"Those two. Those two always struggle when it comes to shots. You know on time it took an hour for just one of them to get it? An hour! For one of them!"

Then she came up with an idea,
"You were really good with your little brother here, you think you could do the same for these two?"

You thought about it for a moment, and decided why not.

"Sure why not? Plus Tooru needs to finish his candy before we get ice cream,"

"Great!"

The twins both sat in the same seat, both of them almost on the verge of tears, clinging onto each-other deathly afraid of the needle.

Atsumu being the brave 'older' brother he was decided to go first, and he was beginning to regret his decision.

You held his hand gently,
"Hey, hey, it'll be alright Atsumu, it'll be over before you know it, and soon you'll be able to play again!"

He sniffled,
"Really?"

"Yes, really!"

He nodded, closing his eyes as the needle approached his arm. He winced a little when it went inside, but he seemed sort of fine by the end of it.

"Good job buddy! You did really good!"

He giggled at the praise, his tears fading.

It seemed like consoling Osamu would be harder, as you had to hold him in your lap to prevent him from running away.

"No! I don't wanna! Lemme go!"

Atsumu tried to help,
"Don't worry Samu, it hurt really small!"

It took a while for Osamu to calm down, and it was mainly due to you just waiting for him to tire himself out. He ended up crying, even after the shot was over, and you had to gently calm him down.

"Shhhh, you did super good bud, I'm so proud of you,"

He wiped his tears into your shirt, soon recovering. He hopped off your lap, going to his brother and holding his hand.

Your younger brother watched,
"Nii-chan, they were brave too, does that mean they also get ice cream?"

Their heads immediately snapped to you, their eyes filled with hope. There wasn't too much you could do at that point, and soon enough you were buying ice cream for four (of course you'd get your own ice cream).

At least they were happy, that's what really mattered to you. The smiles on their faces were priceless.

__________________________________

I hc Osamu to be SUPER afraid of needles Idk why