13

"Nii-chan, wake up! I smell breakfast!"

You groaned as you were woken up from your probably pleasant dream, rubbing your eyes as you sat up.

Barely opening your eyes, you were able to see your younger brother sitting next to you excitedly.

You put your hand on his head, ruffling his hair,
"G'morning, Tooru,"

"Hey! My hair!"

While he readjusted his hair, you took this as an opportunity to stand up, lifting the little boy with your arms, causing him to giggle.

"Okay Tooru, you ready for breakfast?"

He nodded excitedly, and you made you made your way to the eating area, placing down Tooru next to you, who leaned on your side.

"I missed you yesterday, Nii-chan! I had to go to the stupid pha... Pharma..."

You held his hand,
"Pharmacist. Phar-ma-cis-t" (or however they'd say it in Japanese I'm not gonna search it up ☠️)

"Pharmacist... yeah, the pharmacist! And I didn't get to play with you at all!"

You smothered him in your embrace, hugging him close,
"Aww, I missed you a lot too, Tooru!"

He struggled to break free,
"Ack, Nii-chan! I can't breathe!"

You laughed at his exaggeration, letting him free.

After a few moments, you took note of how he began to rub at his eyes, and after the third sneeze, you decided to get the allergy medicine your mom had bought.

"Look, Tooru! Your allergy medicine, if you eat this, then they'll all go away!"

You held the tiny purple tab up to his mouth, but he just turned the other way crossing his arms.

"No! It tastes icky!"

You tried again,
"C'mon Tooru, don't you wanna feel better? You don't want your eyes to be itchy all day, do you?"

He deflated defeatedly,
"No... but I still don't like how it tastes!"

You paused for a moment before offering a solution.

"Did you know, if you plug your nose while eating something yucky, you won't taste it as much?"

He looked at you skeptically,
"You promise?"

'Oh this better work'

"I promise,"

After a few more moments of hesitation, he plugged his nose, then letting you feed him the medicine which he reluctantly swallowed.

"Nii-chan, you were right! I didn't taste it too much!"

"That's great, Tooru!"

Your mom soon entered the room with your other relatives, brining heaping plates of food to the table.

After a good and hearty breakfast, you and Tooru left the house to explore, and were immediately met by twins.

"Hey mister! Can we play with you and him?"

The other one added,
"Please?"

You looked down to your side to check your younger brother's response, seeing him not excitedly.

"Sure, I don't see why not!"

All three of the children gave you bright smiles before conversing amongst themselves.

"I'm Atsumu, and this is my baby brother, Osamu!"

He was given a quick hit to his arm by his brother,
"Hey! I'm only younger by a little bit!"