𝟶 𝟶 𝟷

ad·dic·tion
ˈdikSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.

ad·dic·tion/əˈdikSH(ə)n/ Learn to pronouncenounthe fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity

6 years ago

"Why do you abuse drugs?" The lady asked staring intensely into 17 year old Navy's teary eyes.

"To stay alive." Navy said barely above a whisper.

The slowly looked up watching the lady write something onto the paper clipped onto the clipboard. She watched the lady get up and push her chair in before exiting the room.

Her cries filled the empty room.

Present Day

"Navy wake up please, it way past time for you to get up!" The psychiatric technician semi-yelled.

"Leave me the fuck alone bruh." Navy said before throwing the covers over her head.

"If you don't get up in the next five minutes I'll have Ms.Shannon get you up. You have to talk to the doctor in the next twenty minutes before he leaves for the day." The tech said walking away from the door.

"Fuck you and that doctor" Navy said into her pillow before falling back asleep.

7 minutes later

"Navy please get up for me love." Ms. Shanon, the nurse of the unit said slightly tapping her.

Navy hummed before pulling the covers from off of her head, keeping her eyes closed.

"The doctor wants to talk to you before he leaves for the day, it could be good news." She said still slightly tapping her.

"Okay okay okay" Navy said giving in.

She threw the covers back before opening her eyes being met with Ms. Shanon sending her a slight smile.

"Good afternoon" She said pulling the curtains in the room open.

"Afternoon" Navy mumbled slipping into her slides Ms.Shannon had gotten her last Christmas.

Ms. Shannon was the only nurse who was able communicate with Navy, because she was patient and understanding. Navy had always gravitated more towards Ms. Shannon because she felt a sense of comfort from her.

"How you feeling today?" Ms.Shanon asked leaning on the desk in front of the bed.

Navy shot her a thumbs up before raising from the bed and walking towards the bathroom which was connected to the room.