// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 //

hiraeth - part eight

»»——⍟——««

       After Goku had received a harsh scolding, Y/n was too tired to try and train anymore today. She had nearly had a heart attack mid air, then nearly splattered against the ground, thankfully being caught by Goku in time. She practically clung to him as the two slowly flew home, Goku disappointed that their training had ended so soon.

Gohan was extremely relieved when Y/n walked through the door, nervously and worriedly asking why her legs were wobbling so much, to which she simply shot a glare at Goku. Goku chuckled nervously before approaching Chi-Chi about dinner.

Y/n's silent answer didn't sit right with Gohan, but he didn't push it. He didn't want to make Y/n feel uncomfortable, especially now that she'd be temporarily staying here. Well, he thought so, until Chi-Chi sent Y/n that devious and sickeningly sweet smile.

"Y/n, I'm sorry, but things have changed, you can't stay with us anymore." She said. Y/n's eyes widened as she froze. Half the day had gone by, and she was over five hundred miles away from Satan City. This couldn't be happening. Her mind was already running a million miles a minute, before Gohan spoke on her behalf.

"What? Why not, mom? Nothing has happened! You were fine with it earlier today!" Gohan said. Chi-Chi glared at her son, huffing.

"Don't talk back to me, Gohan! You can't question me, my decisions are mine, and I've changed my mind!" She yelled. She wouldn't admit it, but she didn't want Y/n getting close to Gohan anymore. She wanted Gohan to be with Videl, that way their family would have a source of income. It didn't even cross Chi-Chi's mind that maybe she should start trying to work.

"M-Ma'am, please, I don't have anywhere to go..." Y/n stuttered, her low voice catching Gohan's attention. His eyes widened as he spotted her glossed over eyes. She was scared. She was going to be alone. Videl left, Erasa couldn't have anyone over, and Y/n didn't have any other close friends.

"Why not? Can't you just go home?" Chi-Chi asked, crossing her arms. Gohan huffed, clenching his fists.

"Mom, that's the thing! She doesn't have one, she got kicked out!" Gohan said, not even thinking of how Y/n felt about him blurting out that information. Chi-Chi's eyes widened as she glared at Y/n.

"What!? Kicked out!? You brought a delinquent into our home!? And she was just going to leech off of us, when we're already low on money!?" Chi-Chi practically cried out in alarm, stomping up to Y/n, who looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Out! Don't you dare come back around my house, around my boys!"

Y/n stared up at the taller woman, startled, but slowly obliged. She walked towards the door, before feeling a hand grab her wrist. She looked back, expecting Gohan, but was surprised to see Goku.

"Hold up, Y/n." Goku said, though he looked strangely serious. He looked back to Chi-Chi and Gohan. Chi-Chi looked like she was about to pop a blood vessel, and Gohan looked like he had been about to rush to Y/n, a second too slow. "Chi-Chi, just calm down. You don't know the situation."

Chi-Chi looked shocked to see her husband standing up for somebody against her. Goku had never stopped Chi-Chi from fighting with someone. Gohan looked surprised too, he had never seen his father take a side other than Chi-Chi's. Looking down at Y/n, Goku gave her a soft smile.

"Why were you kicked out?" He asked. Y/n sniffed, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to pour.

"M-My dad thought Gohan was a bad person. He didn't like you either. And he got mad at me for being friends with you." Y/n explained. Chi-Chi nearly exploded at that point. Disliking Goku, she could understand. But her baby boy Gohan? She wouldn't allow it. She had raised him to be the perfect boy, and she wouldn't allow anyone to think otherwise.