9. Clouds

Harry's POV

The clouds in the middle of the milky way taste of raspberries.

Really.

Mum always had this shampoo that smelled like raspberries.

Maybe she’s a cloud but she’s not made of dust, she’s made of raspberries and flowers and pretty things.

Mum was the most beautiful woman I knew.

Other boys thought their girlfriends were the most beautiful woman.

I don’t find any girls except for my sister and mum pretty.

Dad comes into my room when I’m thinking about girl and raspberries and boys.

I’m thinking of boys often. I’m thinking of the way Louis’ chest looked like when we went swimming a few summers ago.

I think boys are pretty, not girls.

“Honey?”, dad asks. I love my dad. He’s my favourite person in the whole world.

Mum is my favourite person in the whole space.

“Yeah?”, I ask. My voice sounds a bit out of practice. I don’t use it as often anymore.

“I’d like you to pack your things today, alright? We’re leaving tomorrow. Remember?”

I nod. I do remember. I don’t want to go. Not even Louis can make it better.

Instead of packing, I sit in the bathtub and spill a bit of mum’s raspberry shampoo into the water before diving deep, deep down.

I wonder if this is what it feels like to be in her cloud.