15. Campfire

Harry's POV-flashback

I don’t think you’re supposed to be up so late”, Louis says and crosses his arms in front of his chest, “You’re only seven after all.”

I roll my eyes. Louis does that too all the time. It’s cool now.

It’s even cooler than saying ‘yep’.

I like being as cool as Louis.

Only that sometimes, he really gets on my nerves. Like right now. Mummy and daddy allowed me to walk to Louis’ tent. They’re still sitting at the fire and I promised to be back soon.

They said I could go, if I was as careful as the first man on moon. I’m pretty sure he was careful. I’d be scared I’d destroy something.

Louis is never scared of destroying things. Sometimes he does it on purpose. Sometimes he kicks the tree’s or he throws rocks into the woods or sometimes, only sometimes, he told me, he’d scribble on the toilet walls with a big, black marker.

I think Louis is angry.

All the time. He’s even more angry than I was when I found out that clouds weren’t made of candy floss.

“But they allowed me.”

“Cool”, he says, nodding. He sits down on the cold ground and digs his nails into the earth.

I wonder what makes him so angry.

“Yep.”

I sit down next to him and pat his hands twice.

“Don’t be so angry, Louis. Maybe there’s some clouds made of candy after all.”