I just called...

[A/N: It's Saturday, I got nothing to do, and yesterday's chapter was kinda short, so here comes another one...👋]

------------------------

She sighed when she saw the remains of the mess from last night displayed in front of her on the dresser of her entrance area after she had closed the door again back home. Two of her framed pictures had fallen off the wall, one glass broken, the other one with a massive crack straight across, so she would have to replace them, and the fruit bowl that was sitting on the dresser now had a very obvious dent in it after falling down... or rather... being pushed off.

She always hated when couples in movies started wrecking entire apartments while making out, too horny for each other to pay attention to anything other than how to get to the bedroom and out of their clothes as fast as humanly possible, because it was just so annoyingly unrealistic. Who ever really did that?? And yet... here she was.

Evidently, she had been a little too excited at the prospect of getting to spend the night with him. It was no secret – at least to her – that she had found the Irishman attractive since the first time she had laid eyes on him, and she had always been just a teeny tiny bit jealous of Jen that she got to be his on-screen wife. Most certainly, she loved Sean to bits and wouldn't have wanted to work with anybody else, but with him at least she would have never even dreamed of taking it any further off-camera. Colin, on the other hand...

She took her dogs for a last walk around the block for the night, then decided to make herself a cup of tea since it had gotten pretty chilly all of a sudden after this relatively warm autumn day.

Carefully, she set her mug down onto her living room table, then lay down on the couch with a sigh. Mindlessly, she flipped through the different offerings of the different streaming platforms vying for her favor, but she was unable to focus and choose anything to watch tonight.

Apparently he hadn't told Sean about her, which she was thankful for because the last thing they needed was their friends sticking their noses right in the middle of their mess with their opinions. Why would he just run off though when he learned that she was coming over? Oh well... she knew very well why. But, was he really that terrified of looking her in the eyes again after last night? Had they already poured their friendship down the drain just like that? No... she wouldn't have it!

She reached for her phone, and for a few moments she was pondering her next move... what should she say? Should she keep it casual, not even mentioning it, maybe... or should she tell him how she felt about last night?

She shook her head, annoyed at herself, again and again deleting what she had just started to write, seriously struggling to come up with the right words, when all of a sudden her phone rang into the silence of her living room and she almost dropped it in shock. It was him.

Like an idiot, she let it ring a few times, just enough to seem busy but still not miss his call, even though he might literally have seen her type just now.

She took a deep breath and tried to steady her hand as she accepted his call. Geez, why was she so f*ing nervous all of a sudden?!

„Hello?"

For a second, there was silence at the other end of the line, as if he was seriously considering just hanging up on her like a 13-year old with his first ever crush.

Then, she could hear him clear his throat. „Hey Lana, it's... it's Colin."

Automatically, she had to smile. „Hey! I'm surprised you're calling? I always thought you hated phone calls."

„Oh, I do!", she could hear him chuckle, „I absolutely do. But... I thought... well, this might be worth it."

„Thank you! I appreciate it, really, I do! I, uhm... I was actually just texting you, but I didn't really know what to say, so... thank you for calling! I wouldn't have dared."