Two Packs of Twelve

The sunlight fell through the half closed curtains, and probably the same pigeon was cooing on the roof. This time though, he didn't have a headache, he wasn't hungover, and he could remember extremely well where he was and what he had been doing last night. And most importantly... with whom. This time, he didn't feel like running away.

When he turned around and opened his eyes, he instantly had to smile. Her face was completely covered by her impressive mane of long, dark curls that made her look so different compared to when they had been shooting ‚Once Upon A Time' together.

Ever so carefully he brushed the hair out of her face. He didn't want to wake her up, but he really wanted to see her face and watch her sleep so peacefully for a few seconds. Not like a creep, but like someone who had very much enjoyed the night they had spent together and was deeply grateful and appreciative of it.

It didn't take long until he could see her move, stretch and yawn, and finally open her eyes. And just like him, instantly smiling when the first thing that she saw were his blue eyes right in front of her.

„Why, good morning, you!", she said in her raspy morning voice.

„The most wonderful of mornings to you too!"

„How long have you been up?"

„Not long. I just woke up. Did I wake you?"

„Nah", she shook her head, „All good."

She was snuggled on her pillow, same as him, both quietly looking at each other, remembering last night, and quite vividly this time, too.

Eventually, both had to smile and started giggling as she covered her face with her hands, blushing. „Why are you laughing at me? Stop looking at me like that!"

He smirked. „You're laughing too! And you're just really, really beautiful, that's all?"

„Stop it! I look terrible in the mornings", she sat up, resting her back against the headboard of her bed, pulling up the bedsheets to cover her upper body – as if he hadn't seen it all twice now.

„So... what's your verdict?"

„What do you mean?", he sat up himself, running a hand through his hair.

„Well, your scientific analysis. After last night's... experiment. Personally: I can say that I had a great time! Only, you know what I'm really, really surprised about?"

„What are you really, really surprised about?"

„Your chest hair... back then I always thought it was just for the role. But... you're actually serious about it!"

He had to laugh. „Excuse me? Of course I'm serious about it!! Don't you like it?"

„No, well... yeah, I mean... I'm not saying I DON'T like it, it's just... if you're not expecting it, it's A LOT, that's all. Almost worried it might get stuck in my teeth one day..."

„Why would it do that, what would you be doing with your teeth on my chest? That's the question that's much more interesting to me... And apart from the chest hair, any other feedback you'd like to share about last night?"

„I can add that you're a formidable co-sleeper!"

„Is that so?"

„Uh-huh!", she nodded, „You don't snore, you don't hog the sheet or kick or punch around in your sleep..."

„... Makes me wonder what kind of guys you're usually bringing home..."

„... and you naturally took the right side of the bed. Which is obviously the only correct side for the taller, bigger person of a pair!"