Reality Check

She couldn't help but roll her eyes when she looked at her phone to see who was calling her. With a sigh, she picked up: „Hello?"

„Oh...", the woman on the other end of the line seemed flabbergasted to actually be hearing her friend's voice, „oh, you... you picked up!"

„Yes, I did. Why did you call if you thought I wouldn't?"

„Well... I haven't really thought this through until the very end, to be honest."

„Surprise, surprise..."

Bex sighed: „Come on, Lana, don't be like that. I called to say I'm sorry!"

„Okay... thank you! I appreciate that. Thanks for calling..."

„We were just... shocked for a second, you know?"

„We noticed, but why? I mean, I get the surprise, I still remember when we all found out about Ginny and Josh, but... is it really that terrible of a thing to imagine?"

„No, of course not! But... Ginny and Josh, I mean... is it like that? What is this, between you too?"

„Well... yeah! Kinda... Are we gonna get married and have a bunch of babies together... most likely not. But, well... we like each other! We have feelings for each other. And... I think... we're together."

„You think?"

„Well, you know how it is..."

„What makes you think you're together?"

„We both said that we wouldn't mind giving it a try and... we called each other boyfriend and girlfriend."

Bex squeaked in excitement. As awkward as the idea of her two good friends being a couple still felt to her, she simply couldn't NOT be excited for her TV sister being in love again – finally!

„That's amazing, Lana! Congratulations!"

„Thanks... so now it's amazing? You're sure? Didn't sound like it back in Paris?"

„No! But... like I said, it was the shock! Come to think of it, you guys are actually quite cute together. Hot, even."

„Mhhh...", Lana nodded, skeptically, but a legion of butterflies were fluttering inside her stomach at the mere thought of him.

„Seeing you two together like that feels weird and will for a while, I'm not gonna lie. But I'm happy for you, really! And Sean is too. Colin's a good guy, and you deserve a good guy for a change."

„Damn right, I do!"

„So how did it... how did it happen?"

„Oh well, some weeks ago we ran into each other at one of my favorite coffeeshops in town, we talked... then we went for dinner, then ended up in an Irish pub, mind you... at the end of the night, we were both drunk, one thing led to another... next thing we knew, we woke up next to each other in my bed the next day, both naked..."

„... Naturally."

„... Exactly. Anyhow, we were terrified at first! It was, like, the most embarrassing moment, probably for the both of us, in God knows how long! He immediately took off, not even wanting to stay for breakfast, and then later that day he was over at Sean's with the kids, and when he heard that I was on my way there, he took off again, mortified to face me again."

„Oh boy, I can imagine..."

„And when I heard that, I thought... I really don't want this, you know? He's too important to me, as a friend. I don't want to feel like I have to avoid him from now on because of one night that neither of us even remembered properly! And he must have thought the same because one day he actually called, and we talked about it and cleared the air, and we actually started getting along really, really well."