Chapter 3- surpressed emotions

Narrator POV:

It had been two weeks since Cody found Heatwave crying in his room. Heatwave still hasn't opened up to why. Things have been even more difficult lately for Heatwave. His team was actually starting to get slightly worried. Things were happening. Blades asked Heatwave if he was okay at one point. Heatwave looked at Blades and casually said "I don't know.", then walked away. Blades just stood there, starting to bring up a million questions to ask Heatwace. Guess who stopped him?

Cody.

He knew that Heatwave wouldn't say scrap to any of them. This went in for a few more days. Cody was about to check on Heatwave when he heard the rescue alarm.

Everyone came to the garage and got into their partners. Heatwave was missing. "Where is that bucket of bolts?!" Kade spat. Cody looked at him angrily. "Let him recharge. He needs it." "Recharge? Recharge?! During an emergency?! No!" Kade yelled. Cody sighed. "He hasn't gotten any sleep for the last two nights. He needs it." All of the humans looked at Cody, then at the screens that had the bots' faces on it, when they're in vehicle mode. The bots nodded as they had already half-known of this.

"Okay... Who am I gonna ride with then?" Kade asked. "Jump in." Chase said. Kade hopped inside of chase and the rescue team took off. Cody got up, checked on Heatwave, then headed to the command center.

Later:

Cody walked to Heatwave's room. Heatwave was awake. Cody went in but made sure to not be seen by the fire bot.

Cody crept around Heatwave's berth and climbed up onto it. Heatwave was laying down with his optics open, very tired. He felt a tap around his shoulder. He turned his head to see Cody staring at him. "Hi Cody." Heatwave greeted, "Don't act like you're okay, please. It doesn't suit you, hiding your emotions." Cody almost automatically replied. Cody's eyes went from Heatwave's optics to the framed picture on the bed side table. Heatwave always kept that picture hidden but now, it was sitting in Cody's view.

"Who are the bots you're with in the photo?" Cody asked quietly. Heatwave then realized he hadn't put the picture away yet and immediately grabbed in and put it away, safe in the drawer. Cody looked at him. "Dude. Just because I have strange pupils, doesn't mean I'm blind." He stated. Heatwave looked at him, then the drawer. He opened it, then took out the picture a put it next to Cody. "Just look at it. There is some writing on it that should explain a bit." Heatwave told Cody. Cody looked at the picture, seeing some writing that was saying names. "Heatwave, Quickshadow, Blades, Chase, Boulder, Salvage, Blurr, Ratchet, Wheeljack, and..." Cody paused. Heatwave looked at him.

(Explaining the whole; "strange pupils" thing, Cody has pupils that are spirals, that's what he meant. As he gets older, more unusual changes get made to his physical body, that most normal people don't have. Nothing that harms him though, don't worry. It comes from a descendant's DNA.)

How do I find you?