Chapter 9- back home, with an emergency

Narrator POV:

Cody and Heatwave decided to go home after chatting a little bit. They got home around 10:30 pm. Quickshadow was looking for Heatwave. She saw him, and hugged him.

"Where were you? I woke up, and you were gone." Quickshadow said. "I went on a drive, with Cody." Heatwave said, pointing to Cody, who was standing behind him. "Hi, Quickshadow." Cody greeted. "Hello Cody. So, where did you two go?" Quickshadow asked. "To Blossom Vail. It's peaceful, quiet, and has good scenery there." Heatwave answered. "Ah. Makes sense." Quickshadow said.

The three chatted for a bit, talking about whatever was on their mind.

*Phone ringing*

"Oh, sorry, that's my phone." Heatwave said, as he got his phone out of his pocket and answered it. "Hello, Griffin Rock emergencies, this is Heatwave speaking, how May I help you?" Heatwave said, as the concerned resident started to explain the emergency. "There's a fire at the bakery? We're on our way." Heatwave said, as the citizen hung up.

Cody then ran to the command center, and grabbed his family on the way. Luckily, they were all in the living room watching a TV show. The rest of the Burns family ran down stairs and headed off.

Quickshadow and Shift were still at the firehouse. "Carrier, can we help?" Shift said, walking up to Quickshadow. "I don't know. Let me ask, hun." Quickshadow answered. "Okay, thanks!" Shift stated, excited.

"Hey, Heatwave?" Quickshadow said over the comms, as they were driving to the bakery. "Hmm?" Heatwave mumbled, somewhat lost in thought again. "Shift was asking if she could do anything to help with the fire. So I told her I'd ask you if we could." Quickshadow said. "Hmm. You guys alright with that? Shift is fourteen, she can turn into a helicopter, so Blades, you won't be alone, and she can also help put out the fire," Heatwave stated. After a bit of chatting between everyone, they decided that they both could go. "Alright you two, you can come." Heatwave said. "Alright. Shift, come on." Quickshadow said. "Yes!" Shift yelled, excitedly.

A few minutes after the rescue team arrived, so did Quickshadow and Shift. Quicishadow was mainly there to watch her youngling. Shift joined Blades, as Dani was geeking out about the fact that Shift was basically a mini helicopter.

Blades tried to get Dani back into focus, and the rescue was a success.

The autobots and Cody started to realize that Lyla wasn't as much as of a problem, as Heatwave seemed to be back to normal. Heatwave noticed this as well, and thought; "I just need to keep reminding myself that she's in a better place now."

Why did you leave me?