Chapter 6- I just need more time with them.

Quickshadow POV:

'I hope Heatwave's alright' I thought. 'I actually thought he got over her. I guess not. It's hard to watch someone you care about, offline. I wonder why it's only now affecting him, much more than when I last saw him.'

I'm surprised I didn't think about it any more than I did in the moment. I was walking with Heatwave, to to his room. He looked tired. I heard some footsteps, but recognized them. It was just Shift walking over to me and Heatwave. I smiled. "Hey, carrier and sire. Can I stay with you guys for a little longer?" My daughter asked us. "Of course, silly! We're your creators!" I told her. Heatwave was still staring into space. He does that when he's tired.

"Sire?" I heard Shift ask. She can probably tell that he's tired. Eh. Not surprised. She gets her empathetic side from me, most of her physical looks from Heatwave, and her personality from mostly me. She still has the same temper as Heatwave. "You seem a little recharge deprived. You okay?" Shift asked as I picked her up. She may be 14, and very mature, but I like treating her like when she was younger. We both find it comforting and it brings back happy memories. "Fine." I barely picked up his voice, he was so quiet. He's not fine. He's probably exactly what Shift just said. Recharge deprived. Both me and Shift looked at him. "Welp, time for bed!" Me and my daughter said in sync. Not surprising. "What? It's only 4 pm though." Heatwave said. "And? You need sleep! Plus, it will bring back the days when I was a toddler! When we would all fall asleep together with me inbetween you two!" Shift said. We did that when she was two, 12 years ago. It brought back memories. Very sweet memories.

Heatwave POV:

Me and my family walked into my room. I knew they could tell that I was tired. My drowsiness was probably what gave it away. All I wanted in the moment was to sleep. It has been all I wanted for a while. She was keeping me up. Memories always rushed back to me when I tried to close my optics and recharge. It sends shivers down my mechanical spine.

"Sire. Let's go to berth." I suddenly heard Shift speak up. I sat down on my bed, whilst Quickshodow and Shift did the same. Shift got onto my lap and hugged me, as Quickshadow hugged me from the side. I never really admit this, but I actually enjoy hugs. They give me a sense of comfort and warmth. Soon enough, I was falling into a deep recharge, after we all laid down onto the berth. All my worries lowered in the affects they had on me. Was I just missing my family?

No. I was still not fully happy. I missed my family, and Lyla. Maybe if I hang out with my family a little more, I'll be a little happier. I have to admit, Cody still helped. I can tell how understanding and gentle he's being with my problems. He honestly reminds me of a very kind therapist that tries to make you as comfortable as possible. I appreciate him. He's my favorite human.

'I'm so grateful to have such loving friends and family. They are my comfort. They keep me so warm on the inside.' I thought. After thinking that, I fell asleep a few minutes later.

You sacrificed yourself to save them,