Chapter 8- Just a nightmare, right...

Narrator POV:

"Heatwave."

Heatwave sat up as he heard his name. It was just Cody. He looked over at Shift and Quickshadow. They were still fast asleep. Heatwave looked over to Cody, and said "Shhh...", as he put his pointer finger on his mouthplates. Cody understood, and pointed to a shelf at the end of the room. Heatwave looked over, and saw the headphones that Cody was pointing to. He got out of bed, careful not to wake up the girls, walked to the shelf, grabbed the headphones, walked back to his berth, put the two pairs of headphones on Quickshadow and Shift's helm, and played some calm music after connecting the headphones to their phones.

Once that was done, Cody spoke up. "You want to go on a nighttime walk or drive?" He asked. Heatwave looked over at the clock. 9:03. "Sure." He agreed.

The two decided to drive down to Blossom Vail. It was quite at night, especially when there weren't any events going on in town, which happened about every other day. Events always kept the rescue team busy. Civilians were never carful, unless it was Blossom Vail. Any day, it was always quiet in the beloved place. It made a good vacation spot.

Heatwave and Cody decided to sit near the water fall that Blades and Dani slid down during that one episode. Cody laid down to watch the stars. After a minute, Heatwave did the same.

"Can I maybe ask a few questions?" Cody asked the firebot. "Depends on what." Heatwave stated. "About Lyla." Cody answered, as Heatwave sighed. "You don't have to say yes." Cody decided to let him know. "But I should. You've been wanting to know for a while now. You deserve to know more about her. ...So, what did you want to ask?" Heatwave said. Cody looked up at him, surprised. It had taken almost three weeks, just for Heatwave to say that.

"Well, uhm... Who was she to you, and why do you care about her so much?" Cody finally asked.

"Uh, my sister." Heatwave answered. "Well, intersex sister." "SISTER?! I thought she was your Sparkmate, before Quickshadow!?" Cody yelled. Heatwave looked at him, disgusted. 'SPARKMATE?!' He thought. "WHY IN THE PITS OF KAON, WOULD I DATE MY SISTER?!" Heatwave yelled, clearly offended. "I didn't know she was your sister, sorry..." Cody said sheepishly. Heatwave sighed, apologizing afterwards.

"What was your other question?" Heatwave questioned after calming down. "Why do you care about her so much? Cody asked. "...She was my older sister, I'm the youngest sibling. She took care of me, unlike my creators." Heatwave hesitantly answered. "What were your creators like?" Cody asked, suspiciously. "They were abusive, long story short. Physically and emotionally. I haven't seen them in over two centuries."

Cody was getting a little angry. 'Heatwave had abusive parents, and he never told us?!' He thought, 'No wonder he's so protective sometimes, and so tough. He, maybe, still feels the need to defend himself!' Cody looked down, feeling bad.

He was wrong. Heatwave knows how to defend himself, in case he ever needs to fight, or defend somebody else.

"Cody? You alright?" Heatwave spoke suddenly. "Yeah, why didn't you tell us?" Cody said. "My team and family already know. I guess they just don't know how to help. You apparently do though." Heatwave answered, smiling slightly. Cody also smiled at that.

Lyla, dear sister of mine...