Chapter 9

POV Y/N

I was running a little late to the club meeting today. Being the progenitor of humanity doesn't I know how to do something like calculus. As I was nearing the club house, I felt the presence of those two from yesterday. I rolled my eyes and came strolling into the club house. Before I entered the main club room, I decided to talk to Gasper a bit. 

I knew he was here the moment I arrived. Nothing really gets by me nowadays. When I first tried talking him he didn't even reply. I guess he was trying to make it seem like no one was in there. But after some persistence I finally cracked him. 

==============

*Flashback*

Y/N: "I wonder how long this charade will last. You can stay quiet all you like in there, but I know you're in there."

.......

Y/N: "I guess I'll come by tomorrow."

???: *muffled* "W-Wait!"

They didn't open the door, but rather talked from behind it.

Y/N: "Finally opening up to me?"

???: "I-I'm sorry... I'm very shy to new people. I wasn't sure how to talk to you."

Y/N: "Nothing wrong with being shy, you know. But it's quite rude to not respond to someone when they're talking to you."

???: "A-Again, I'm sorry! You seem like a nice person... you kept coming back knowing I was here and I never said anything back." 

Y/N: "What's your name?" 

???: "G-Gasper."

Y/N: "Nice meeting you, Gasper."

==============

I knocked on the doors to the room Gasper was in. 

Y/N: "You good in there, Gasper?"

I heard some shuffling coming towards the door. 

Gasper: "Y/N! If I'm being honest... I feel pretty nervous. There are two people with holy energy next to my room."

Y/N: "Don't worry, Gasper. As long as I'm here nothing bad will happen."

Gasper: "Okay Y/N... I trust you."

Y/N: "Talk to you later."

Gasper: "B-Bye!"

I turned away and opened the main club room door. I was greeted with everyone there with the two girls from yesterday. Everyone noticed my entrance and looked over my way. I sighed and made my over to the couch and sat down next to Rias. It was dead silent as Rias and the church girls were unsure how to proceed. 

Y/N: "What? Carry on with whatever you were doing."

Xenovia gave me a odd look before continuing her conversation with Rias. 

Xenovia: "We would you to pledge non-intervention in this ordeal."

Rias: "Yeah."

Xenovia: "Thank you for your time." 

The two stand up from the couch.

Rias: "Wont you stay here for some tea?"

Xenovia: "Sorry, but we don't befriend devils." 

Y/N: "What about me then?"

Xenovia: "We cannot befriend someone who's close with devils." 

Y/N: "How nice." 

Xenovia: "We shall take our leave now."

They turn to walk towards the door. That was until Xenovia took a look Asia.

Xenovia: "I've been wondering this this since I visited Hyoudou Issei's house. Are Asia Argento?"

Asia: "Y-Yes!"

Xenovia: "I never thought I'd see a witch here."

Irina: "Oh, you're that ex-nun who became a witch? I did hear you were exiled, because you could even heal Devils and Fallen Angels, but I never knew you'd become a devil!"

Asia: "I... Um.."

Irina: "To think a saint has become a Devil... Nobody's perfect, I suppose."

Xenovia: "Do you still believe in our god?"

Irina: "Xenovia, she's a Devil."

Xenovia: "Still, some blasphemers feel some guilt and retain a little of their faith. I can sense that from her."

Irina: "Oh, really? Hey, Asia-chan, do you still believe in the Lord, even though you're a Devil?"

Asia: "I-I can't quite let it go. I believed in him all my life."

She let out some tears.

Xenovia: "In that case, let us kill you now. Whatever sins you have committed, God will always forgive you. I will punish you... in the name God."

Xenovia walked up in front of Asia. Issei was about to jump in between them, but stopped when I stood up. 

Y/N: "You know... I never resented that man. But I cannot stand it when they use his name acting as if they're righteous. If he always forgives you... no matter the sins you have committed. How come I didn't receive the same luxury?" 

All eyes were on me. Many were shocked looks, while a certain two were confused. 

Y/N: "Although... I did take a massive bite out of sin itself."

Xenovia: "W-What do you mean by that?"

Y/N: "I guess I could be called the first sinner. The progenitor, The First Human, Adam, Father of Humanity. I have many titles. Did you know the apple was very bitter? I actually immediately spitted it right after taking a bite." 

It was pure silence. Only I was talking. I walked over and embraced her into a hug.

Y/N: "Asia honestly reminds me a lot of Eve. Eve loved everything the earth, nature, animals. She would never hold hate nor contempt at anything or anyone. Asia here is a true saint, because she holds compassion for anyone. No matter their race or their background." 

Asia started crying in my embrace.

Xenovia: "Y-You're telling me you're Adam?!" 

Irina: "There's no way!"

Xenovia: "What are you doing here?!"

Y/N: "It's always the same questions. Yes, I am Adam. Reason why I am here? No reason at all."

Xenovia: "How can you side with Devils?! You even have that Fallen staying with you!"

Y/N: "Because they're all dear to me. Your so biased to anything that's not human. From what I've seen... The Church seems worse than most Devil and Fallen."

They of course ignored my words, but I could tell deep down their beliefs in The Church wavered. 

Y/N: "I think it's best you excuse yourself from here." 

They glared at me before taking their leave from the club room. As they opened the door to leave, Kiba came inside. He gave them a mean glare before entering the room. I let go of Asia and approach him. 

Y/N: "Did you come to your senses?"

Kiba: "Yes... I did."

I pulled him into a hug.

Y/N: "Good."

==================

Sorry for the chapter being so short. Think of this as a appetizer for the main course (next chapter). Reason why I am saying this is because the next chapter will immediately start when Kokabiel shows up.

See ya!