Chapter 2: Resolving Doubts

Alea knew that she couldn't just wait around and hope for the answers to drop from the sky. Right now she was in need of food, and based on the clothing on her body, she should be one of the relatives of whomever owns this estate. She decided to ask one of the servants she saw. After determining which person was most likely to cooperate with her questioning, she made her way to a young female servant that was tending the flowers. Alea cleared her throat and the girl turned around only to exclaim in shock at the towering figure behind her. "This is new" Alea thought.

After allowing the girl to recover from her fright, Alea started to probe the girl about the situation. It turns out that the girl not only resolved many of her doubts about this ancient plane, but she also knew who she was. According to this girl, Alea has found herself in an ancient ABO world. Alea wasn't very knowledgeable of ABO, but she knew the basics from a few novels she had read in her spare time.

Nothing more than alphas being the dominant gender, beta doing the menial and laborious tasks, and omega being the gender dedicated to having children and staying behind closed doors. Alea wasn't shocked by this, she had understood the truth of the "strong eats the weak" long ago, but she was very worried about the speculations that seemed to be better verified now.

From what the girl had said, everyone working in this estate is of the beta gender. Alphas are mostly in leadership positions or are sent to the army. Omegas have simply replaced what position women held in ancient times. Now it's clear that there's not only a huge divide between classes, but also genders. There are many more betas than both alpha and omega, but because of the inhuman strength of alphas, the betas are wary of retaliation. This however, does not rule out the chance that someone may use their dissatisfaction of the alpha to start an uprising. Alea's mind was racing through many plans she could make to avoid having to get roped into this. She had already guessed from her body, that she should be an alpha, and based on the girls reaction she should be one of the more noticeable ones. She didn't want to be treated as a target by the masses, having to flee like a rat in the gutter. Alea felt that her thoughts were too pessimistic. Instead of worrying about this and overthinking. She should just let fate take its course. When the time comes, as long as she made sufficient preparations to escape, then she could live freely before that point.

After putting down those worries, she focused on what the girl said about the current situation of Alea's "family". The girl said that Alea is the third child of the Dante family. The Dante family is one of the wealthier merchant families in the Treiss Empire. The Dante family's business involves clothing, transport, and jewellery. Alea was relieved, it seems her family isn't involved in anything that could earn the Emperor's suspicion. Although the Dante family holds some sea ports. They're not major ports in any of the main cities.

The head of the Dante family is currently her father Ridel. Ridel is a firm supporter of alpha superiority, and his first two sons were alphas. His eldest son was born to his wife, while his second son was born to his favoured concubine. So when his third daughter differentiated into beta, he couldn't care less what happened to her. Even if Alea's mothers family held some power, it was his greatest mercy to raise her as just another mouth to feed. He also had four more children after Alea, born to various concubines. Three of them were omega and the youngest hadn't yet differentiated.

Speaking of Alea's mother. She was the daughter of a county magistrate. Although only an official of the 6th rank. To a merchant that was considered to be a low class. It was seen that Ridel married up when taking her as his side wife. However after giving birth to Alea, her health deteriorated and she unfortunately passed away. Though here comes an issue. Her mother had a twin sister who was also an omega, and she married into another official family. The sisters were extremely close, and they both became pregnant in the same year. They decided to give the children an engagement regardless of the genders of the children. As long as they weren't both alphas, or omega then this engagement will still take effect. It just so happens that Alea's aunt gave birth to a daughter named Raya. Raya differentiated into omega and she a beta. Her aunt still mourning the death of her sister, didn't care if she was a beta. She facilitated the engagement of the two. Now that both Alea and Raya have passed the marriageable age,her aunt has been pressing for the marriage. So both houses have been busy with setting up the wedding.

Alea is exhausted, there has been too many new developments that have come one after the other, and now she also has a soon to be wife, who is also her cousin. She knew that the ancients had a lack of biological knowledge, but she didn't expect that she would have to experience it first hand. She asked the girl where the kitchen was, and although the girl looked at her with doubts she just brushed over it by saying her redifferentiation had made her dizzy and forgetful. When walking away she wondered if she should silence the girl, but decided there was no point. She was definitely going to be different from the original Alea and one more person that knew wouldn't matter.

After walking to the kitchen under the surprised and shocked glances of the servants, she found some leftover steamed buns that relieved the hunger pains. As she was eating she had expected that those servants that saw her would report back to the people in charge of the house, but she didn't expect so many people to rush over.