Chapter 3: Meeting The Family

Looking at the group of people that was slowly converging on the kitchen, she didn't see any mature male alphas. Guessing that the body's father was temporarily away. She saw many delicate and mature men and women, as well as a few more youthful faces. Thinking these were probably the main wife and a few concubines, as well as Alea's new siblings.

When the group finally reached the kitchen and saw the imposing female alpha that was taller than the door frame next to her, they were shocked. Though the servants had said that the third miss had become an alpha, they assumed that she'd probably be on the weaker side of the gender. However the facts have proven that they were mistaken. The third miss in front of them was not only not on the weaker side, she looked like a giant in front of them. As the main wife of a sizeable merchant, Genas was the daughter of one of the wealthiest merchant families that called the capital their home. She had seen the Emperor's team when it travelled to the yearly hunting trip, and guarding the Emperor were his personal guard. The guards were composed of the biggest, strongest and most monstrous alphas to walk off the battlefield, and she didn't know why but that previously useless beta third miss in front of her seemed to have a familiar aura to them. She shook her head amused by her own thoughts.

Looking at the group of dumbfounded people in front of her. Alea wasn't completely sure how she should address these people in front of her, but luckily the female omega in front of her took the lead in speaking so that she didn't have to worry.

"Alea, we've heard that you're having trouble remembering many things after you redifferentiated. Why don't we go back to your yard and call the doctor over to check?" Genas said in a gentle voice.

The little girl from the garden must belong to the main wife in front of her. Alea thought it was right to leave the girl. At least she confirmed her conjecture about the inner workings of these ancient houses. None of the people in this house can be trusted. All of them must have their own personal alignments. Alea didn't think the main wife was simple enough to believe in the casual excuse she gave to that girl, but she saw no harm in letting the doctor check her body. At least she could learn more about herself in the process. So she agreed.

"Thank you, madam. If it isn't of any trouble".

The group was speechless. Is this the same third miss? The one that kept her head down and only spoke in whispers? Does becoming an alpha give you a boost to your courage? The group didn't know. Genas was also surprised at the polite and firm speech of the girl in front of her. Although she herself had never participated in the bullying of the girl in front of her, but she was not unaware. Seeing as it didn't hurt her life, she just closed an eye to it. But Genas has seen many big scenes, so she kept the gentle smile on her face while saying.

"There's no need to thank me. We're a  family. Come with me, I'll take you back. Your father will be very happy to hear the news. It's unfortunate that he isn't here at the moment".

After that Genas sent a servant to call the doctor and another to send the news to Ridel. Alea followed Genas back to her yard, during the walk she learned some intermittent information from the mouths of her "aunts". Strange to say she had never seen such feminine men dressed as women. Understanding the basics of ABO, she knew that the common sense of her previous world should probably quickly be forgotten so that she can better adapt to this world. However there was still a strange feeling, like seeing something extraordinary.

What she had gathered from these aunts was that her wedding was only a month away, and that as an alpha, she'd have to decide what career she was going to choose. From their words she knew that her eldest brother. The son of the main wife in front of her named Azer, was the heir to the family business, and was currently with their father visiting the businesses around the city today. Her second brother Azel, the son of her father's favoured concubine. Interestingly the aforementioned concubine did not come to join in the fun today. Azel seemed to be the hope of Ridel to have an official in the family, the aunts said he had been awarded the rank of scholar, and that next year he would take the imperial examination. Alea didn't know why, but she felt as if these aunts said this in a mocking tone. Who they were mocking of herself or this second brother, she wouldn't delve into it. She'd understand it when she needed to.

Arriving at the yard she saw that although it wasn't as large as the yard she woke up in, it was at least well maintained. How they treated the previous Alea, she didn't really care. To her this was still heaven compared to some of the places she had called home back when she was a mercenary. Not long after they had entered the house the doctor came over. When the doctor finished checking her pulse, he said.

"The third miss has signs of dehydration, hunger, as well as exhaustion from the redifferentiation. She needs to take a few days rest, and maintain proper nutrition during this time".

Alea wasn't surprised, she had already guessed that there was nothing wrong with her, but Genas spoke soon after.

"Doctor, Alea seems to have trouble with her memory. Is this common with redifferentiation?"

"Well madam, very little is known about the second differentiation. However the few historical records that I'm aware of, showed there were indeed signs of short and long term memory loss. Whether the third miss is of the former or the latter, only time will tell".

Alea was stunned. Is this the case for redifferentiation? Or were those people like her? From a different world, trying to let others believe in their nonsense? Either way she could only be thankful to her predecessors for legitimising her excuse.

Genas was very surprised by the doctors words. She felt that what the servant had told her was unbelievable. Forgetting all the knowledge you've learned just because of differentiation seems ludicrous. However even if she has doubts, she can't continue asking questions. She'll just keep an eye on this third young miss for now.

After seeing the doctor off, it wasn't quiet for a moment before welcoming a new group of people.