thirty-eight

juniper

grandma and archer are still not back from grandma's sister's house, even though it's friday. she texted me last night to let me know that they're probably not going to be back until sunday.

me and billie did end up skipping school monday. we laid in my bed, cuddled together, until almost twelve p.m. after we got up and got dressed, we went out to eat breakfast, and then stopped by her house to grab a few things from that drawer, like she had suggested the night before.

it's been an... eventful week, that's for sure.

me and billie are currently at school now. i've still been pretty persistent with walking her to her classes and whatnot, but nobody has tried to mess with her since that whole incident, which is good.

we're standing outside of her second block classroom. i'm cupping her cheeks with both of my hands as i looked down at her. her hands are placed over mine as she beamed up at me adorably.

"i'ma pick you up after school, yeah?" i tilted my head.

"i, uh, was actually gonna hang out with mikey after school, if that's okay?" she raised a brow.

my eyes widened a bit, though i gave a nod. "oh, yeah, of course, bil."

until now, i didn't even realize that i had been unintentionally keeping her from hanging out with her friends, since she's been staying with me all week...

she stood up on her tiptoes, and she started to peck my lips a few times. "i'ma still stay with you tomorrow night, maybe even tonight," she promised. "i just wanted to see mikey for a bit."

"that's fine, baby," i assured softly. "just text me if you need anything, okay?"

"i will!" she nodded.

i gave a small smile, then glanced towards her classroom. "you should get to class."

"yeah," she sighed. she stepped forward, and she brought me into a hug. "i'll see you, junie!"

"see you, bil," i pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

she stepped back, flashed a smile at me, then walked to her classroom. i let out a sigh as i watched her. i then shoved my hands into my pockets as i made my way out of the building and out to my car.

✧༺♥༻✧

"hi, baby," i grinned as the facetime connected.

"hi, junie!" archer squealed as he saw me. "i miss you so much!"

"you do?!" my eyes widened. "well, i bet i miss you more."

he quickly started to shake his head. "nuh-uh! that's impossible! i miss you, like, soooo much, that you don't even know!" he insisted, which made me laugh.

"really? i guess you do love me more," i said, which made him giggle as he nodded fervently.

"are you having fun, my love?" i tilted my head. "do you like it over there?"

"mhm! jeremiah came over yesterday, and we had so much fun!" he told me. jeremiah is one of our cousins, who's roughly the same age as archie.

"really? i'm glad you did," i smiled.

he hummed, then brought the phone close to his face, so that i was really only seeing his eyes and his forehead. "is billie there? can i talk to her?!"

"she's not; i'm sorry, love," i said. "you'll see her when you get here sunday though, okay? i'll make sure you do."

"oh, okay. tell her i miss her!" his brows furrowed.