RAIN

"okay, okay. so explain it to me again."

mingi and yuna were sat in the window of her living room, watching the street beneath them as rain poured from the sky. it had been raining all day so mingi decided he wanted to spend the day with yuna, knowing the rain always made her feel a little sadder.

he'd arrived about five minutes before she finished in the shower so, he'd taken it upon himself to make drinks and pull out blankets from her cupboard and now, they both had large mugs full of hot chocolate and blankets wrapped around their bodies as they sat in the window, talking about anything and everything that came to mind.

"i don't know! i'm just not afraid of death," yuna defends, taking a sip of her hot drink while watching him over the rim of her mug, "it's like this quote, it goes; i have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire for something beyond the daily life. that's how i feel, i guess, and dying isn't something you do everyday. and i think death is kind of interesting like, what happens to you? what's it like?"

mingi watches as she begins playing with her fingers, glancing up at him nervously, "why're you looking at me like that?"

he shrugs, taking a sip of his drink before placing the mug on the console table beside them.

"you worry me sometimes, you know that? like you really worry me." he gently brushes his thumb over the corner of her lip, wiping away some foam, "don't say things like that, okay? it's scary."

she smiles softly as he scans her features slowly, taking in every detail of her face even though he already had them all perfectly memorised. he could paint a perfect picture of her from memory alone.

"okay," she pushes his face away gently as he scoffs at her, "stop being so weird and soft." she mumbles, turning toward the window as her cheeks begin to burn.

"you're beautiful, yuna." he whispers as she desperately tries to hide her grin.

"what did i just say?" she shoves him gently as he chuckles, his gaze staying glued to her side profile as she watches the rain, her eyes somehow glowing in the dim light from outside.

he decides to take a chance, leaning in slowly and kissing her cheek gently as she smiles, turning to face him.

"another one." she mumbles.

a low chuckle leaves his throat as her eyes close gently, "sorry?" he quirks an eyebrow as she frowns, bottom lip out in her adorable pout.

"i said another one." she whines, grabbing his hands with her eyes still closed.

"where?" he smiles.

she blushes as she puckers her lips, waiting patiently while her heart couldn't wait to start running right at him.

he smiles as he leans in, gently placing his lips on hers. they pull away after a moment, foreheads pressed against each other while yuna plays with the rings on his fingers.

"i could spend the rest of my life like this; sitting in this window, watching the rain with you by my side." yuna mutters making mingi burst into a happy grin as she looks into his eyes.

"me too, nana," he whispers. he wraps an arm around her shoulder while she turns before pulling her between his legs, her back pressed to his chest, "i love you."

"i love you too, mingi." she smiles, kissing his cheek before snuggling in close to his warm body.

their moment is abruptly ended with the sound of a loud pounding on the door of her apartment, practically snapping it from its hinges. yuna rolls her eyes, standing from her place on the lounge and shuffling over to the door, peeking through the peephole before swinging the door open with a huff.