ALCOHOL

"yuna! let us in!" yunho continues yelling and banging on her door, despite the fact it was a quarter to midnight. he didn't care, all he wanted was to get into the apartment and see his sister.

"no!" she yells back.

mingi, of course, had tried using her code to unlock the door but the girl was using her body to hold it shut and they didn't want to risk injuring her by forcing it open. so, they'd successfully spent twenty minutes failing to open her apartment door when it was unlocked and they most definitely could.

"why won't you let us in, yuna?" mingi whines, leaning his head back on the wall he was sat against. "we just want to help you. nothing else."

"because," she starts, continuing in a whispered voice, "because he told me what he wants."

"who?" he looks up at yunho slightly panicked at her sudden confession, "what did they tell you?"

"he told me why he keeps coming to me." she mumbles.

"can you tell me?" he knew now that she was talking about the man in her dreams, "why does he keep coming to you, nana? what does he want?"

"he doesn't want anything from me," she starts and mingi hums to let her know that he's listening, "he wanted to tell me not to..."

"to what, yuna?" he asks, softening his tone so as to not scare her into not explaining, "it's okay. you can tell me."

"he wanted to tell me not to get close to you all," she sniffs quietly as mingi's brows furrow in confusion, his gaze flickering to her brother's eyes for a moment, "he said you'd all leave me behind at some point and i'd be left alone again. he said that i'm destined to be alone, i'll always be alone and that's just the way it's meant to be. why am i always alone, mingi?"

his heart shatters as a sob sounds through the door and what sounded like a muffled scream.

"yuna, open the door." he softly demands, pushing on it gently.

it slowly opens as she stands. mingi managed to catch a quick glimpse of her running off towards her bedroom as they enter the apartment. only three of the boys ended up coming, the group deciding this time it'd be best if they didn't all crowd her in her current state.

with mingi was yunho and seonghwa, the boys deciding he'd be the best choice of the remaining six to send. the youngest motions for the older two to stay behind as he makes his way to her bedroom, quietly pushing the door open.

"yuna?" he calls for her quietly, hearing the sheets rustle and a quiet sniff come from the corner of the room, "yuna, it's me. may i come in?"

she makes some odd noise which mingi somehow knew was her way of saying yes. he makes his way over to the lump of blankets on her bed, laying down beside her and wrapping his arms around her.

"it's not true, you know," he whispers into the sheets, "what he said. none of that is true. we're not going to leave you. you won't have to be alone anymore. you'll only be alone if you choose to be alone. not because we're going to leave you, okay? i'm not going to leave."

her head pokes out from beneath the blankets and she looks up at him through her wet lashes, "but he said-"

"i know but, he's wrong. i'm not going to leave you alone ever again. i won't let it happen, okay?" she sniffs again as he begins playing with her hair, his hand resting in her cheek for a moment, brushing away her tears, "never in a million years will i let you be alone. i will always be here for you, so will yunho. seonghwa, hongjoong, san, jongho, yeosang, wooyoung, all of us."

"but you don't know that." she counters, laying her hand over his.

"i do. i do know it. you just have to trust me. you have to trust us all. i mean, i'd understand if you didn't trust wooyoung or san, maybe even yeosang, but at least try." she giggles at his joke which brings a smile to his own lips. "you just have to trust us, okay?"