2

March 18, 2008

Hailey was practically freaking out the next morning. She was nervous to leave her baby in the hands of someone she didn't know. Jay was too but was mostly trying to keep Hailey calm and get both of them as well as Kamryn ready.

"You wanna get her up?" Hailey asked, getting a bowl of oatmeal ready for their 2-year-old.

"Yeah, I got her," Jay nodded, heading to their daughter's bedroom. "Good morning munchkin!"

"Dada!" Kamryn giggled, jumping up and down in her crib.

"Come here you," he chuckled, taking her out of her bed and setting her on her changing table. Jay changed her diaper quickly and put her in a cute little outfit before carrying her down the steps to her mom.

"Mama!" Kamryn giggled, running towards Hailey as Jay set her on the floor.

"Good morning missy!" Hailey chuckled, picking her up and setting her on her hip. "You ready to go have some fun?"

"No! Mama!" The 2-year-old whined as she held onto Hailey's shirt.

"It's not for a while honey. We can still cuddle a bit. You wanna eat? I made you some oatmeal?"

"Mama," she whined, holding on tightly to her.

"Okay, you wanna sit on my lap?" Hailey asked, getting a nod from the toddler. So she sat at the table with Kamryn on her lap and carefully fed her so neither of them would get dirty. 

"Her bag packed?" Jay asked, grabbing his things.

"Yep. Let's get going sis," Hailey smiled, wiping Kamryn's face after she finished her oatmeal.

They grabbed all of her things as well as their stuff before heading out to the cars. Hailey got Kamryn buckled in despite protesting from the 2-year-old, while Jay set her bag on the other side.

Hailey was able to hold herself together as she drove to the little daycare center. Jay pulled up right behind her, both of them pulling into parking spots. Jay got out of his car, went to the back of Hailey's car, and opened Kamryn's door.

"You ready?" He asked as he unbuckled the 2-year-old.

"Dada!" She whined, reaching for him before he carefully lifted her out of her seat.

"Hey, what's up baby? You're gonna go play all day and then take a nap and after that, mommy or daddy can come get you," Jay tried, holding onto the child as he shut the door.

"No dada!" She cried, holding onto Jay tightly.

"Kam, hey, Kammy, you're gonna be okay and mommy and daddy will be back okay?" Jay tried, holding the girl as she sobbed.

"Honey you're gonna be fine," Hailey told her, heading in with her baby and husband.

"Mama!" She sobbed, reaching for Hailey who took her and held her.

"I know honey, you're gonna be okay," Hailey told the little one again, almost reassuring herself as well.

As soon as they got to the classroom, Kamryn freaked out even worse.