April 1, 2008

Kamryn slept through the night and woke up around 6 am the next day. It wasn't unusual for her to be up that early but Jay was definitely not ready to get up and get ready.

"I got her," he mumbled, pushing himself off the bed and heading toward the youngest Halstead's bedroom, greeting her as he walked in. "Morning Kammy,"

"Dada!"

"Hi baby," he smiled a little, lifting her out of the crib, changing her diaper, and heading right back for his and Hailey's room.

"Mama!" She squealed, reaching for Hailey as soon as she saw her.

"Hi baby girl," she mumbled, wrapping her arms around the toddler as she snuggled up to her mother.

"Mama," she smiled, playing with her blanket as she sucked on her thumb. They had never had much luck with the pacifier and Hailey thanked their lucky stars for that.

"When do you have to go in?" Hailey asked, looking over at Jay.

"I don't," he smiled, looking at the most recent message on his phone, "I sent an email to my boss about the accident and he said to take a few days off while you can't work,"

"You know you don't have to," Hailey groaned, still holding onto Kam as she had fallen back asleep against her.

"Yeah well. You have a concussion so. Not happening and I'm definitely not leaving kam alone while you have all of this going on," Jay told her, laying back again as he set his blackberry back on the nightstand.

"Yeah yeah," she chuckled, settling back to sleep with Kamryn in her arms now.

They all slept for a little bit longer before Jay got up with Kam and decided to make some breakfast in bed for Hailey.

"Wanna make some pancakes?" He asked the little one.

"Wafas!" She giggled, wanting waffles as she reached for the mix.

"Just like your mommy," he chuckled, especially at the fact that Kam was a basic carbon copy of Hailey. Her attitude was all Jay, but her personality screamed Hailey.

"Mama?" Kamryn asked, looking around the room for Hailey.

"Mamas sleeping still baby, her head hurts,"

"Mommy owie?" She asked, looking at Jay curiously

"Yeah, mommy got an Owie," Jay nodded, holding her as he got out the milk and other ingredients. "You wanna color while I make these?"

"Yesh!" She answered, kicking her little feet as he walked to her high chair.

Jay set her down in her chair with a tray full of crayons and her paper. He then made waffles while the TV played cartoons in the background for Kam before putting it all on a plate and getting Kam out of her chair and up to the bedroom again.

"Hail, wake up," Jay smiled, shaking her gently as he went to set the waffles down on the nightstand.

"Hmm?" Hailey mumbled, waking up slowly as Kam climbed onto the bed.