14

August 18, 2011

Kamryn went back outside after hanging up the phone in the office. She was very careful as she played, going back inside as soon as the teacher called them in.

The last few hours of school went by quickly and Jay was soon waiting outside for his little girl.

The bell rang soon enough and all of the smiling kindergartners started to file out of their classrooms and look for their parents.

"Daddy!" Kamryn yelled, spotting Jay as she ran over to him.

"Hey cutie pie," he smiled, picking her up and setting her on his hip.

"Are we going home, Daddy?" She asked, holding onto him as he carried her out.

"We can. Or do you want to go see Mommy?" He asked, setting her on the concrete by the old Impala.

"Can we go see Mommy?" She asked, getting into her booster seat after Jay opened the door.

"Why not," he chuckled, helping her get her seatbelt fastened before he got in and headed to Hailey's district.

As soon as they arrived, Kamryn ran up to the front desk and smiled at the man behind it.

"Good afternoon little miss,"

"Can you call my mommy down please?" She asked in the sweetest little voice she could.

"What's your mom's name honey?" He asked, picking up the phone.

"Hailey Upton,"

"I'll call her okay? Can you go hang out on the bench for me?" He asked, getting a nod from the small child as she "pulled" Jay over to one of the benches.

Hailey didn't take too long to come out, smiling as Kamryn ran toward her.

"Hey honey,"

"Hi, Mommy!" She grinned, acting extremely different from when she'd talked to her mother before.

"How's your leg? Can I see it?" She asked, watching Kamryn pull her pant legs up to her knees.

"My teacher put a bandaid on it," she said as Hailey gently pulled the bandaid off.

"It doesn't look too bad baby," Hailey told her, putting the bandaid back on before she pulled her pant leg back down.

"Okay," Kam shrugged, holding Hailey's hand as they headed back to the car.

"You be good for Daddy okay?" She asked, kneeling to her daughter's level.

Kamryn nodded and hugged Hailey tightly before giving her a kiss.

"Love you Kammy,"

"I love you, Mommy!" She giggled, climbing into the car and her car seat.

Jay smiled and helped Kamryn buckle in before he got in and started heading towards home.

As soon as they were there, Jay helped her out and carried her little backpack in, checking her folders for anything he or Hailey needed to sign.

He helped Kamryn with her counting homework and then they ended up playing tea party for a little bit when Hailey got home.

"Mommy!" She giggled, jumping up and running for the back door.

"Hey sweetie, you having a tea party with Daddy?" She asked, kicking off her shoes and heading to the other room where Jay was sitting.

"Having fun?" She chuckled as she saw Jay sitting in a chair that was obviously too small for him.

"I'm having a great time. Well. We are. Aren't we Kam?" He asked, chuckling at their daughter who was bringing a chair for Hailey out now.

"Mommy you should have some tea!" Kam smiled, setting her chair in the open spot.

"I will," she nodded, sitting in the small seat as Kamryn set up a spot for her. "Thanks, honey,"

"You're welcome, Mommy!" She smiled, eating her fake food and sipping on her fake tea.

They played for a little bit before they ate a quick dinner and got Kamryn in a bath and ready for bed. They snuggled as they did usually every night.

She went to bed without any issues, leaving Hailey and Jay to also settle in for the night.

A/N: Sorry it's such a short chapter guys!!! I went the whole week thinking I had this done but nope! Hope you enjoy it!!