Chapter 40 | Smeared Blood Stains

VINCENZO MARTINELLI

NOTHING IS MORE threatening and dangerous than my amore when she’s angered.

This woman can command an entire army with just a single word. She can bring men down to her their knees with a single glance from those enchanting eyes and a sway of her lovely hips.

And she doesn’t hesitate to knock down any man or woman that belittles her.

“People like you annoy me,” Nyx mutters with a low, deep sigh. “You should rea—”

“I don’t care what a whore like you has to say to someone like me,” she cuts Nyx off with a prideful jerk forward of her chest. “I need to go talk to Lorenzo.”

Paula tries stepping around Nyx, but she moves to the side with her, blocking her path once more. Paula narrows her eyes at Nyx who stands her ground in front of her.

“You don’t even care about the safety of your son,” Nyx grumbles while stepping closer to Paula.

Paula shoves Nyx’s left shoulder back and folds her arms. “I don’t have time to talk to some ghetto scum like you.”

Nyx laughs. “If I’m some ghetto scum, then you a basic hoe who has prolly opened her legs for the whole of New York,” she snarls while stepping closer to Paula.

Paula lifts her hand to slap Nyx, but my girl moves her head to the side and lifts one of the bloody daggers in her right hand. She drives the sharp dagger into Paula’s palm. The sharp end digs into her skin as Nyx forces it further into her palm.

Paula screams at the top of her lungs while Nyx let’s go of the handle of the bloody dagger. Nyx grabs Paula’s hair and yanks her head down, slamming her knee right into the woman’s nose.

With a pained cry leaving her lips, Paula falls on her stomach. Nyx steps on the back of her neck, preventing her from moving away from her. “You fucking wh—” Nyx shuts Paula up by burying her foot even deeper in the back of her neck.

“You gettin’ on my nerves,” Nyx hisses.

She brings her foot down even harder on the back of Paula’s neck. I watch with no emotion as she struggles to breathe underneath my woman’s foot.

Nyx can kill her for all I care.

“Whatever you wan’ from Lorenzo, you ain’t gettin’ it,” she says while flipping the other dagger between her fingers. “Understand me good, you’re an excuse of a mother. Stay away from this family, or I will make sure to bury you alive,” she grits.

Nyx drives the other dagger through Paula’s other hand. She steps on the daggers lodged in Paula’s right hand, piercing the wooden floor underneath her.

“Fucking bi—” Nyx kicks Paula in the head and knocks her out cold.

“Damn hoe.” Nyx smears the blood on her hands on her white top and smiles at me as she walks closer to me.

· · · · ·

NYX MANSON

I place my hand on the palm scanner and smile when it glows green. I lost my cool for a few minutes back at the restaurant, but I definitely don’t regret what I did to that bitch.

The lift doors open and Vincenzo follows me out. He’s been quiet ever since we climbed back into the car and it kind of scares me.

“Vincenzo Giorgio Martinelli! What have you done to my daughter-in-law?”

My eyes search the room for the source of the voice. Loredana and Aurora come into my view a moment later and they both look like they are about to pull guns out and shoot Vincenzo between the eyes.

“Why is there blood smeared all over her?” Loredana asks as she comes closer to me. She pulls at the hem of my shirt and examines the blood stains closely.

His mother doesn’t hold her anger back as she slaps the back of his head harshly. She slaps him again before narrowing her eyes at him. “Did you take her on one of your killing sprees?”

“Killing sprees?” I turn my attention to Vincenzo, and he slowly shakes his head, not wanting to get into that right now. “No, I did this on my own accord,” I tell Loredana while placing my hand over her hands. She let’s go of the hem of my shirt and takes a step back. “I’m fine, it isn’t my blood,” I say with a slight smirk.

“Explain that,” Aurora spits while pointing to the inside of my hand. “That’s your own blood.”

“It isn’t that bad,” I say with a shrug.

The daggers didn’t dig into my skin that far, so the wounds aren’t so bad. They sting, but I can handle it. It didn’t even hurt that much when I pulled them out, just a sting. I’ve never been stabbed before, but I could end up worse if I get reckless while being with a person like Vincenzo.

Everywhere we go, there’s going to be someone who wants to either kill him or me, and I have to be ready for whatever can happen.

Being in a relationship with a Mafia man is dangerous, but being in a relationship with the Don of the most powerful Mafia in the world is the equivalent of me signing my own death wish and trying to outrun Death for the time being.

If I have to outrun Death, I’ll gladly do it as long as I’m doing it with Vincenzo.

What I did was absolutely reckless, and some might say stupid, but Paula was going to hurt her son, so I had to protect Paolo. If she isn’t going to care about him, then I will.

I excuse myself while Loredana and Aurora scold Vincenzo for letting me get hurt. I walk up the stairs and go straight to his bedroom. I pull the shirt up and over my head and toss it on the bed. I kick my shoes off, and then my jeans come off next. I walk to the bathroom to quickly clean my wounds.

After taking a short shower and cleaning my wounds properly, I walk into the closet and pick out a simple, baby blue, body fitted dress.

On my feet, I slide on a pair of baby blue Adidas slides, and I make my way out of the room. Once I get downstairs, the voices of the Martinelli family echo throughout the penthouse, the origin of the voices being the kitchen.

I quickly walk down the hallway and join the rest of the family in the kitchen. “Did he tell you about the ball?” Is the first thing Aurora says to me, and I nod with a smile.

Helping them set up for this ball sounds like it’s going to be fun, so I’m more than happy to assist. “There’s much to do, so we should start now,” Loredana says, and I only nod.

_____________________________________________

Imagine watching your girlfriend knock someone down like that.

· · · · ·

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!
XOXO.

_____________________________________________