I have nothing to put here please enjoy the story

It was early in the morning when Aether woke up from his slumber, he sat up at the corner of the bed and stretched before standing up and making the bed. After a few minutes, Aether had finished making the bed and asked paimon to give him his accessories. Paimon left the room after handing Aether his accessories and an extra clothes identical to his current one that Lumine made for him. Aether wore the clothes and went outside to get some fresh air.

"C'mon emergency food we're going to do some commissions!" Aether said as he patted the white floaty's back lightly. "PAIMON'S NOT EMERGENCY FOOD! HOW MANY TIMES DOES SHE HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS" Paimon shouted and aether just chuckled lightly.

As they were walking towards the commission, chatting like they always do Aether could feel something was wrong, like someone is watching them. Aether turned around mid conversation to see if anyone was following them but saw nothing until he heard something familiar. "An Abbys mage." Aether whispered turning to paimon "paimon, stay close to me there's an Abbys made following us." Aether said quietly as he simultaneously looked around to spot the Abbys mage. A few seconds later an electro Abbys mage appeared Infront of Aether. Since Aether thought there was only one Abbys mage following them he mistakenly let his gaurd down a little as he argued with the Abbys mage, another one appeared being him. This one was hydro abbys mage and it slowly formed a bubble being aether as he was still arguing with the other Abbys mage, the hydro abbys mage ad already formed a full bubble and was ready to throw it at aether before Paimon noticed and flew towards the bubble to block it from Aether. Aether turned around because of the sudden noise to see paimon trapped in a bubble. He quickly popped the bubble and started fighting the two Abbys mages while an electro and cryo one appeared.

Aether managed to finish off the electro one before it could get it's shield back but there was still 3 more to go, as he was busy fighting the cryo and hydro abbys mage, the pyro Abbys mage took the opportunity to preform his attack with masks spitting fire. Aether dodged it but as he shifted his focus on the pyro Abbys mage, the cryo one threw a shard  towards him and it stabbed the side of his waist. Aether was holding onto his waist with one hand as he used the other one to help. At that time one of the Abbys mages screamed at their partners in the language of  Khaenri'ah. Somehow, aether could understand what they were saying

"DIDN'T THE PRINCESS TELL US NOT TO HURT THE TRAVELER PHYSICALLY?"

the cryo Abbys mage shouted.

"WHAT YOU NEVER TOLD ME?"

the hydro abbys mage responded shooting his gaze towards the pyro Abbys mage.

"I THOUGHT (cryo Abbys mage's name) ALREADY TOLD YOU???"

the pyro Abbys mage blurted out.

"COME ON WE'RE GETTING OUT OF HERE BEFORE THE PRINCESS SUSPECTS ANYTHING. HOW CAN YOU BE SO STUPID (pyro Abbys mage's name)".

Just like that the Abbys mages disappeared leaving Aether injured. He took some bandages to bandage himself up and finished his commissions.

Aether and Paimon went back to whangsu inn after getting their reward for the commissions. Aether asked paimon to leave him alone for awhile. He took some bandages he had left in a drawer for emergencies, he then unwrapped the bandage he had hurriedly wrapped earlier. He was surprised to see how deep the cut actually was but he didn't think much of it. Aether held the cut together then used some essential oil on it before wrapping it back up properly using new bandages. Then, Aether decided to tend to some other wounds he got while doing his commissions. Suddenly, aether heard a small noise behind him. He quickly turned around to see what it was. He had his gaurd up Incase it was another abbys mage trying to get him, although he had somehow understood what the Abbys mages were saying, he still kept his gaurd up since the last time he didn't, it didn't end so well. His eyes landed on Xiao, a sigh of relief escaped his mouth, "Ah Xiao it's you" aether started. "Traveler. you're hurt" Xiao said looking at the bandage covering up aether's usually exposed waist, and scars all over him. "It's pretty obvious Xiao" aether chuckled. "let me help." Xiao said firmly before he started walking towards the traveler, taking the bottle of essential oil from his hand. "Ah- uh.. sure" Aether said, blushing slightly as he allowed Xiao to treat his scars.

After Xiao had finished, Aether thanked him and gave Xiao a warm smile. Xiao blushed slightly but was quick enough to turn away to hide his face from the traveler. "Traveler, next time if you need help call out my name. I will be there when you call." Xiao said to Aether. "Oh? Are you suddenly worried about me?" Aether said jokingly. Xiao didn't say a word and teleported away.

Aether didn't really mind, atleast someone else cares a about his well being other than paimon "it can't be that bad right?" Aether thought, but his mind wandered to a question. "why?" Aether asked himself, "why does no one want to help me find my sister.." he started tearing up. "I help them so much.. but no one's ever really helped me other than putting up missing person posters" he continued as he sobbed. "What if she doesn't even exsist anymore? What if she hates me? What was the dream trying to tell me?" Aether said, still sobbing uncontrollably. He didn't know what else to do. Paimon would always accept tasks and quests before asking him. Aether wouldn't have a choice, he didn't want the person to be unhappy because he didn't help. What if it meant alot to them? He wanted someone to be there to comfort him right now. He called paimon but she didn't appear, he tried again but still nothing. Aether continued sobbing, his tears touching his scars making a stinging sensation. "I miss you Lumine.. I wish to see you again. I'm forgetting how you look like. Please! I want to go back to the old days.." Aether wanted to call for Xiao but didn't want to bother him. Paimon wouldn't come when he called her, it was pure lonliness. While he was crying, he unconsciously called out to Xiao. He'd sometimes accidentally say his name but this time it's different because xiao had just promised him that he'd be there when he called. Xiao appeared beside Aether, looking down to see him, sitting in the same position he was in before sobbing.

Xiao's pov

I was looking at the view on the roof of whangsu inn until I heard a slight whisper of my name, a familiar voice. It was the traveler. I quickly teleported to the voice to find him in the same room sitting in the same position as I had left him in, crying? For some reason, I felt uneasy seeing the traveler like this but I didn't know what to do. I know nothing of human emotions. Traveler looked at me rubbing his tears away then whimpering because he had forgotten he had cuts on his face. The voices were getting louder but it wasn't telling me to slay more demons. This time it was telling me to comfort traveler. I slowly walked towards the traveler and sat beside him. I opened my hands like how I saw mortals did, I had no idea what this meant but before I could retract my hands, the traveler had wrapped his hands around me. He started crying hysterically. What if he is crying because my karmic debt is affecting him? Is this why I my karmic debt had been more barrable lately? Wait what am I doing? I looked at traveler. He had fallen asleep. I laid him down on the bed and left. Why had I done that? What is this feeling?

End of xiao's pov

Xiao sat on the roof thinking about what had happened earlier. The more he thought about it, the more it made his heart flutter. But after the sun had completely set, it was time for him to go out and slay demons and other beings that had been affected by his karmic debt. It was going to be a long night.

(Well this took me awhile to write I stayed up till 3am yesterday writting this and now spent the whole day of today too I hope you enjoyed it I tried making this part longer thank you for reading! )

Look what I drew ehehehe