Art by rueleaf_art on twitter

May have gotten a bit carried away while writing 🧍‍♂️🧍‍♂️🧍‍♂️ it was suppose to be 6k words a part but I accidentally wrote 11k+ 🙂

九/ part nine

Aether woke up the next morning, feeling slightly tired, he decided to take a shower before heading to inazuma.

After the shower, Aether got out with a towel wrapped around his hip but little did he know, Xiao was visiting him before going on another patrol.

The traveler stretched after closing the bathroom door behind him not knowing Xiao was Infront of him looking. Aether put his hands down and slowly opens his eyes after giving a yawn, he saw that Xiao was in the room watching the whole time, the traveler looked at the adeptus, eyes wide open in shock and embarrassment. He swore to himself that he saw the adeptus blushing.

The traveler himself also blushed, hard, "Ah- sorry Xiao I didn't see you there.." the traveler apologized, still embarrassed.

"It's.. okay. I'll take my leave now, goodbye." Xiao said in a hurry and teleported away.

"ah.." Aether held his hand out to reach for him before he could teleport away but the blonde was too late, the adeptus had already gone.

"Nevermind." Aether closed his hand and let it drop down, he went to put on some clothes and put his hair in a messy braid.

Later, went outside and looked around for Paimon, his eyes landed on the floating fairy fiddling her hair with her finger, he walked up to her and spoke, "Alright paimon we're going to inazuma today!" He said excitedly.

"YESS! Paimon's excited she's so ready to see inazuma!" The little fairy said, kicking her feet in the air in excitement.

"Alright c'mon let's go!" Aether grabbed paimon's little hand and teleported to the portable waypoint he placed the other day.

"Oh, kid you're ready to go to inazuma already?" Beidou asked as she saw the traveler appear at the waypoint that has been there for a day.

"Yep!" Paimon helped Aether reply.

"Alright gimme and my crew a minute" Beidou said to them.

"Gotcha" paimon replied again.

Beidou walked away commanding her crew to do some preparation before they head out.

"Hey paimon can you stay here for awhile?" Aether asked the Emergency food, "No problem! Paimon will eat whatever this crew has while waiting!" Paimon said happily.

"Alright, don't get carried away" Aether chuckled and left the boat. He found a quiet place around a wall that was facing the ship and called out for the vigilant yaksha.

"Xiao you there?" The blonde whispered softly into the wind.

"You called?" An adeptus appeared Infront of him. "Ah, Xiao I'm heading to inazuma in a few minutes I just wanted to say goodbye before I go" The traveler spoke with a saddened tone to the adeptus.

Xiao was disappointed to see the traveler leave Liyue yet again but atleast he's saying goodbye in person this time? Were the adeptus's thoughts.

Before Aether could leave, Xiao had grabbed his hand, the latter turned around with an expression that was saying 'yes?'

Xiao unconsciously tightened his grip on the blond's wrist.

"uhm.. Xiao?" Aether uttered, the Yaksha's eyes widened.