sorry for not updating I've been feeling shitty lately 😭😭

十/part ten

Aether awoke not long after both him and Xiao had fallen asleep, Surprised, he shot up and stared at the sleeping adeptus, blushing.
'what am I thinking..' Aether stood up and left the room, making sure to quietly close the door as to not wake the sleeping yaksha up.

Once he was outside, Aether pressed his back at the door and let out a subtle sigh. The traveler tilted his head up towards the window to realize it was probably the middle of the night, but Aether wasn't feeling sleepy so he decided to head to the balcony of the inn, the near the front desk.

"Hello traveler! You're up early" verr greeted Aether as he walked towards the front desk. "mhm, I can't really sleep anymore" nodded Aether, "hey Verr, I have a question" he continued.

"I'm all ears" verr replied, slightly shifting her position to show she was listening. "What does love feel like?" Aether took his time to start. "Hm.. let me think how I can explain.." Verr ended up explaining her own experience hoping it could help the blonde traveler. "do you think you like someone?" Verr finished her explanation with the question

"maybe?" Aether scratched his head while he replied. "Lemme guess.. Xiao?" Verr crossed her arms at Aether's surprised stare, "How did you-" Aether started, shocked.

"Ehhh lucky guess?" She joked, Aether ignored this and changed the topic. "I'm going to the balcony, see you" Aether lifted his arms off the counter and walked as quickly as he could to the balcony.

Once Aether was there, he grabbed onto the railing and breathed heavily as his heart beat quickened, Aether grabbed the area on his chest where his heart should be and started questioning himself. 'this feeling.. just like how verr describes it...' Aether thought to himself as he stood.

Back in the room, Xiao was also questioning himself, he had been since he saw the traveler blush, 'why did I insist that mortal to lean on my shoulder? Ugh.. I'm an idiot' Xiao's hand closed tightly. 'verr said this feeling.. could be love? Is what she was saying true..' the Yaksha continued to question himself, the word love feels foreign to Xiao but at the same time it feels familiar.

"impossible." Xiao spoke to himself before getting up and leaving the room. The adeptus jumped off the balcony, teleporting away halfway down.

Back at the front balcony, Aether was watching the sunrise, he let out a soft sigh as soon as the sun was completely risen and left to go meet Paimon.

Once Aether reached the door of the little fairy's room, he knocked and in no time, the fairy replied to the knock. "Traveler! Good morning!" Paimon greeted energetically.

"morning, paimon! Are you ready to head out for today? We've got alot to do" Aether backed away from the door to allow the little fairy to go through, "yepyep! Paimon's ready! Paimon's got lots of rest" said the fairy floating downstairs.

"Getting food again?" Aether questioned as he kept up with the energetic fairy's speed.

"Yes! Paimon needs breakfast!" Said the fairy.

After the meal, both the travelers went on their journey. First, it was commissions which consists of giving an old man dandelion seeds, playing pirate with some children and clearing out some a hillichurl camps.

After they completed the commissions, Aether and Paimon went over to Katheryne to collect their payments and moved on to the second thing on the list, that day, Aether was to meet up with zhongli at Heyu tea house.

"Alright, we're here" Aether said.

"Oh, There's zhongli!" Paimon pulled on Aether's scarf to get his attention then pointed towards the former Archon.