I forgot where I got this art from I'm so sorry I'll update this as soon as I figure out who the artist is

五/part five

(This is after Paimon explained
everything to xiao)

Aether woke up in the afternoon to Xiao beside him. The blonde got up and sat properly on the bed.

"Xiao?" The traveler spoke. "traveler, you're awake." Xiao got up immediately. "mhm! And I feel super energized" aether said happily.

"Oh yeah! Xiao, I still remember how to make almond tofu would you like some?" Aether asked but Xiao shook his head, "traveler I want to ask you somethings if it isn't too much trouble" Xiao said. "No problem! Ask away" Aether replied. "How long had you been away for?" Xiao asked. "Huh? I thought you'd know? Well l.. I think a month?" Aether replied.

It was silent for awhile until Xiao spoke again, "Traveler.. it has been two years since your disappearance.." Aether's eyes widened in shock. "Two years??" Aether whispered to himself, "yes. Paimon told me everything that happened even the thing that messes with time." Xiao said.

"well I know that whatever that place is it must've messed up the times but two years?" Aether said to Xiao, all Xiao did was nod. After awhile more of silence, aether spoke again. "Sorry.. I didn't mean to disappear for so long." Aether said, his tone of speaking changed into a sad or confused one.

"I will give you time to process everything traveller." Xiao said then disappeared from Aether's sight.

There were a million things rushing through Aether's head right now and one of those are "Has it really been two whole years?". Aether decided to take a shower to clear his mind, the blonde got out of bed and undid his braid, took off his clothes then covered his hip with a towel. Aether then went to take a warm shower.

When Aetter finished showering he put his clothes on including the armor, Aether decided to go to Liyue harbor tonight. He hadn't been there in awhile and it'd be nice to go at night since it's normally still extremely lively.

Aether went downstairs, not bothering to braid his hair yet since he wasn't going to fight which means his hair wouldn't get in the way that much. Aether went to paimon's room and knocked on it before hearing a evidently tired but high pitched voice from the other side.

"Come in" the white floaty said. Aether opened the door to see paimon still in bed, "paimon? Isn't it already afternoon? What are you doing still in bed?" Aether questioned paimon,

"Xiao made paimon stay up ALL night to explain what was happening! Let paimon rest" Paimon said, clearly annoyed. Aether only nodded and left paimon alone, forgetting to ask if she wanted to come with him.

Oh well, he could just ask Xiao to come along with him, he wanted to know Xiao better since he helps him so much anyway. Aether went further down to smiley yanxiao to order some food. The chef definitely looked surprised to see Aether but served him the food without questioning anything.

After Aether finished, he took some more food he ordered to Paimon's room and set it on the mini table Infront of her bed he had made for her. Aether then took the almond tofu he had made back to the room and looked around for xiao, "Xiao?" Aether muttered out, his voice no louder than a whisper.

Xiao, knowing Aether isn't in danger appeared looking calm but not as cold. Aether handed Xiao the almond tofu, smiling happily. the emo took the almond tofu, nodding at the blonde as in saying "thank you".

Xiao ate the almond tofu, he looked like he enjoyed it more than the other times Aether brought him this dish. "You can sit down you know?" Aether broke the silence.

Xiao sat down, "hey Xiao? Last time when I passed out after touching your mask.. what was that?" Aether asked the eating adeptus before him.

"You remember now? I'm unsure. You seem to ease my karmic debt but you still got affected by it." Xiao replied.

"hm? I calm your karmic debt.. could it be my purifying ability?" Aether seeming asked himself.

"You have a purifying ability?" Xiao asked Aether. The traveller nodded.

"Yeah I don't know how I got it since my memory is kind of blur but I can use it anytime I want" Aether replied.

"I see.. is that why my karmic debt calms down when I am near you?" Xiao asked again.

"Ohh so that's why you've been helping me!" Aether said in a higher tone. "Hm" Xiao nodded. "Well you don't have to always stick with me! c'mon I can help" Aether said happily, the thought of helping Xiao made him feel something he assumed was just happiness.

Xiao didn't question the traveler and just nodded, switching his position to face the traveler. "Alright Xiao this might be somewhat difficult so I need you to relax. Keep your eyes closed, ignore anything that tells you to open your eyes". Aether told Xiao.

The emo nodded and closed his eyes. Soon, he heard some shuffling, Xiao was curious to see what was happening but didn't open his eyes. Then, he felt hands cupping his face. He heard the traveller whisper a few words he couldn't really understand, then right after he heard the blonde pick up something form a table then him whining a little. Right after the little whine, Xiao smelt blood. Imminently, he got worried but still didn't open his eyes. He felt Aether tap something he assumed to be blood on his hand. It dried immediately.

"Xiao you can open your eyes now!" Aether said, still keeping both his hands cupping xiao's face, the shortie opened his eyes slowly immediately seeing Aether cupping his face with a bleeding cut on his arm but Xiao did not realize, the only thing he could focus on at the time was Aether's face looking at him. Xiao reached his hand to grab one of Aether's hand cupping his face. Aether's eyes widened and he let go immediately.

"I'm so sorry.." Aether pulled his hand back and turning away clearly blushing. "it's fine." Xiao replied blushing. "so.. what did you just do?" Xiao asked the traveller. "Oh, well I tried purifying your soul?" Aether said. Evidently, it didn't work. "I think I might've helped a little but it wouldn't be as effective as when you stick with me." Aether continued.

"hm. Thank you for your help traveller" Xiao said. He wasn't surprised it didn't work. Xiao's attention shifted to the cut on Aether's arm. "Who did that?" Xiao asked the traveller.

"Who else?" Aether replied cheekily. "You kept your hands on my face this whole time, was it that floating child?" Xiao asked. "Uh.. you could say that" Aether replied.

"You didn't have to do that just to help me, foolish mortal." Xiao said looking at the cut.

just then, Aether thought of what he was going to ask Xiao. "hey Xiao would you mind going to Liyue harbor with me tonight?" Aether asked the emo. "no." Xiao replied almost immediately. "I am not fond of crowded places." Xiao said.

"What about we go to mount hulao?" Xiao asked Aether. "Sure! I'd love to" aether replied happily. "I'll see you tonight then." Xiao said, teleporting away. Aether was excited he'd get to know Xiao better the blonde took the hair tie the always use to tie his hair up into low a ponytail and prepared.

announcement

(Ah I am so sorry for the late update 😭 I've been busy with TikTok since the 3.1 live stream I've seen alot of edits also I tried spacing this part out so it took awhile since I'm not used to doing this. I hope I made it easier for people to read! Thank you for reading!)