CHAPTER FIVE.

NOT PROOFREAD

MONNIE JO's POV

MONNIE JO's POV

BRONX, NY ||Saturday, September 4th.

1:12 pm

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

yo why i ain't wake up earlier wha the fuck?" i say as i scrunch my eyebrow to my bright phone screen to check the time. "yo maya wake up bae" i say lightly shaking her.

"IM UP IM UP" she yells as she leans up too fast for my barely awake ass. "i'm finna order some mcdonald's breakfast, whatchu want?" i ask her opening the doordash app.

"get me the pancake sandwich thing and a coffee pleaseee" she says with her puppy dog eyes and smile. "mhm" i say putting it in the cart and finishing our order. "imma go shower and shit while we wait. get any clothes you want out my drawers and use my moms bathroom." i tell her as i grab all my bathroom shit and head to my bathroom.

undressing, i turn the shower on hot and wrap my hair in a net, and put on a bonnet, taking extra precautions to keep my hair straight until my hair appointment.

❤︎︎

"what y'all finna get done?" i ask maya and jas as i drive to the nail salon. Cause listen if we end up in the net from the club i don't need my busted ass nails in that shit, plus I was due for a new set anyways.

"Imma get simple white nails, classy and cute" jasmine says with a smile as she flips her hair to her back. "i'm getting some ombré with some diamonds? i'm not sure yet i'm lookin on pintrest right neowww" maya responds as she scrolls on her phone.

"Whatchu finna get tho" jas asks while taking pictures in the sunlight. "French tip, medium size" i say sticking my tounge out as we pull up to the place.