PROLOGUE & CAST

AUTHOR'S POV

Alaric diffused his cologne on his wrist and applied it under his ears. Wearing an aroma he glanced at his reflection in the mirror. He was wearing a black three pieces suit on his buff body, his chocolate brown hair was perfectly jelled back, the vertical tattoo in old English alphabets behind his ear was peeking, a pair of leather shoes on his feet, a luxury watch was shining on his wrist just like his surroundings.

He fixed his collar and gave himself the final look.

It's a big day for him, it's the day to get the throne of power, the position of the lord of the underworld, the ruling name. It's the day to get crowned without any competitor, the crown he did horrible things to his only brother for.

He sighed remembering the last words his brother told him.

" Alaric, take the crown. Let her go. She's pregnant ".

Hunter's pleading voice has been echoing in his head since the moment he saw Hunter's mansion getting destroyed from his helicopter.

He was grinning, the flames reflecting shimmering in his Piper orbs. But they lost their shinning as soon as they caught Caden helping Grace.

His eyebrows crashed together looking down at them as he had seen them kissing in the club of New York before. ' Does probably means Hunter isn't the father of Grace's child'.

The whole mansion exploded breaking the chain of his thoughts and also his heart.

Yes, he has a heart. A dirty one but it shrank not because he successfully destroyed his only brother's whole world, but because he realised what Grace did to him. He knows what she means to him.

The entire underworld shook at the news. The party held by his father to announce the next mafia King got canceled.

But after a year his father decided to introduce Alaric as the next mafia King since he left as the only heir of King.

" Master." A man knocked on the door pulling him out of his thoughts. " We are ready to go." He informed.

He went downstairs to see his father who petted his back before they both headed for the ball a black limo.

Approaching there they met several mafias who were there from all around the world. Especially Italian mafias as they were Hunter's enemies. They were jealous of him as they weren't able to reach his level. His dominance was lordly. Underworld still uses him as the example of a perfect mafia leader. The deserving one.

Hunter's father claimed the stairs and stood at the center of the stage. The lights turned off except for the spotlight on his father which automatically pulled everyone's attention towards him.

" Ladies and gentlemen, hope you're all enjoying the party." His father said intertwining his fingers in formal manners but his voice wasn't stunted like before. " We have gathered here to announce my son, Alaric King as the mafia king today but before that... I wanted to share last year's decision with everyone. I wanted to change a rule. I wanted both of my sons to be crowned. There would be two mafia bosses in history. Different for East and West, but-" His father breathed out as Hunter's face flashed in front of his eyes. " Before the announcement I want you all to co-operate me to have a minute of silence for the loss of my son, Hunter King. " His father said making everyone bow their heads a little and soon everyone in the ball got silent.