Part 6: Fighter

(Lysol P.O.V.)

After Lunch and our final classes we made our way back home. Bruce immediately left and Number 3 walked down into the basement. I decided to watch television for the time being. A repeat of the show we liked was on again, we saw this one a few days ago but I wanted to re watch it, study it. I enjoyed observing the movements and strategies he integrated as he fought with his opponent. I knew this was something I wanted to do, I wanted to be like him, a fighter, and that's what I was now. Kung-Fu, Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, I was prepared to learn all of it, and master them. I memorized every intricate move he made and the positioning of each as this episode played out. The last move was a combination of him jumping in mid air and doing a triple kick by one foot following the other with intense speed. I stood up and cleared a large space in the room so I could perform the moves along with him, my new teacher. I tried doing too much too quickly and fell before I could release the third kick in the air.

"You must find your zen. " He said after he landed back to the floor with ease in a peaceful manner. "Focus your thoughts on not having thoughts, look inward and acquire peace of the mind." I sat down and crossed my legs just as he did. "Your insticts are all that you need." Instincts. I thought to myself. I relaxed and focused my attention sharply before I began again.

"Find your zen." I repeated to myself. I then picked myself up after a short while and mimicked the movements perfectly with the speed and precision at which he did so.

Number 3 walked up from the basement with a large book in her hand as I was in mid air. I landed to my feet and we just stared at one another for a moment, blinking in silence.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

I continued to pause for a short moment. "Fighting." I answered.

She looked around the room. "Fighting what?" She asked confused.

"Ok, I'm learning. Learning fighting."

"Oh ok." She said walking outside with the book she held.

The greatest individual experience yet was that of acquiring new skills. Each skill I mastered became added to the collection. I began approaching more dangerous skills to master knowing that even if this vessel were to be harmed, I would not be staying.

I enjoyed this activity, but I wanted to incorporate more, I wanted to enhance it. Once the show ended I went to the kitchen and grabbed my knives, which were beginning to dull by this point. I brought them outside and continued my training. I performed the same movements registered in my mind but along with throwing the knives against a nearby tree simultaneously. I missed once or twice but once I scanned the area and calculated the projectory in which I should hold the knife from the distance I was at I continued again. The knife pointed into the tree twice before it began hitting the tree and falling to the floor after the next few throws. These knives were too dull to use anymore, I needed new and better ones. I noticed Number 3 walking back inside with parts of plants in her hand as she looked into the book.

"Hey wanna go to the mall?" I asked.

"Sure." She said as she headed inside to secure her belongings.

We walked down to the mall and I scanned along the walls of the shops until I found a store that I felt hosted what I required.

The store front read Cutting Edge on it beneath that in smaller text read Fantasy Knives, Daggers and Swords I knew this was where I needed to go. We walked inside and the scenery looked very old and antiqued, the smell of wood and metal ran through the air.