Chapter 10 ♡

Nate's P.O.V

I purposely kept myself hidden from everyone the best I could in this creepy, dusty room that was filled with random items covered in spider webs.

I found this place by accident when I was snooping around and thought it was the perfect abandoned room to hide from the world when I didn't want to be located.

There were old carnival items like a popcorn machine, a small and colorful merry-go-round for children, and other things that most likely belonged to Zekey at some point but were put here when he got bored of them.

I somehow found this quiet place calming as it gave me time to gather my thoughts for a moment without having to worry about anything or anyone.

Especially with everything that has been going on in this chaotic and stressful mansion.

This small room kind of reminded me of my apartment with how dim it was and the way everything felt abandoned.

I stretched out my legs and continued to lean back on the wall while I could feel my butt start to get sore from sitting on the uncomfortable, cold floor for such a long time.

I took a few drink of my comforting beer that I was able to get from one of the cooks in the kitchen.

He was kind enough to understand my need for alcohol to keep me sane working here.

He had them well hidden and trusted me enough to keep it a secret so I was savoring these glassed bad boys that tasted awful but numbed me for a while.

I don't think it was a problem that I wanted to hide from everyone since Zekey was still grounded and he was locked up in his bedroom but acted like a prisoner trying to escape with all the ways he's tried to break down his door.

I felt bad for Benjamin but he seemed to be used to his mischievous antics and knew how to deal with him but it was clear the child was not happy that Kai was a man of his word and had all his toys removed from his room.

Zekey was only able to keep his precious stuffed animals as he was left to think about his actions in his bedroom.

Logan, on the other hand, chose to keep himself locked up in his room and wanted nothing to do with anyone.

He was upset about not being able to access the internet, but was even more upset that he hit Kai, especially when I explained to him how dangerous it was to speak to strangers online.

After having a serious conversation with him, he understood what he did wrong but I also explained to him that Kai was also in the wrong.

He always went straight to punishment when dealing with these things and never bothered to have a one-on-one discussion with him or Zekey to properly explain things.

Overall, they all needed some fucking therapy.

This is all more than what I was expecting I would have to deal with in such a short amount of time.

Watching Kai and his demon hounds kill that guard was enough to have me rethinking everything.

Would Kai do the same to me if I messed up again?

It was like watching a different person standing there with such a heartless expression and malicious eyes that I almost wanted to walk up to Kai to make sure it was still him.

He truly scared me sometimes.

My feelings for him after that started to shift a bit and I was glad that they were.

I don't think I would ever be comfortable being with someone who caused so much pain to others, even if they deserved it.

I just wish I could escape this place and forget I ever agreed to be part of this life but I was now too invested in it and so was my sister...