Chapter 24 ♡

A/N: Wrote 11k words...while sick...I deserve an award at this point😮‍💨 I'm done lol anyways thank you for the patience! This chapter is not for the weak so please read with caution⚠️ the ending had me crying and you'll see why so I warn you now😭

This story will end with 30 chapters so we're almost there so a little heads up about it🥺♥️ Also excited to read comments

Nate's POV

Closing my tired eyes, I lounged with delight on this comfortable spot and rested my arms under my head to get a good rest.

Today was another long, tiring day and my stomach was full with the big meal Cooper and I just had.

I would have asked the chefs for a second plate but I didn't want to seem too greedy.

Maybe tomorrow I'll ask for a second serving of dessert.

I deserve it.

"Are you going to sleep?" I heard Cooper question as he finished his apple.

"Of course. I need my eight hours. This face doesn't just happen," I made a circling motion in front of my face to enhance my explanation.

Cooper scoffed in disagreement but didn't deny it.

"You look like you're on a vacation," Cooper threw a piece of apple at me that landed on my chest so I gratefully chewed it with a grin but kept my eyes closed.

"Not having to take care of any children and no longer having to do your ridiculous training sessions should be considered a vacation," I bluntly answered and put one foot on top of the other to add more relaxation to my resting spot.

Another piece of fruit made contact with the side of my face but it hurt this time so I opened my eyes to curse at Cooper.

I picked up the piece of pear and threw it back at his giant bobble head causing him to duck to avoid the hit, "stop wasting food!" he lectured as if he wasn't the one who started this food fight.

I rested back in my comfy spot and ignored his glare.

"I wonder what the chefs will cook for us tomorrow. Viper said we can order anything our heart desires so I'm hoping we get steak with some creamy mashed potatoes on the side. Oh! How about lobster or crab legs? It's making my mouth water," I swallowed the saliva pooling in my mouth as I contently smiled imagining the wonderful food and almost smelling the delicious aroma.

"I'm going to ask for the Vegan option. I need to keep my figure slim until Christman then I'll pig out," Cooper proudly informed causing me to silently chuckle.

"You're right. We should try to watch what we eat so we can enjoy it together for Christmas. I hope we get a big turkey just like when we were home..." I gradually silenced myself at the unconscious statement I made and stayed quiet.

Cooper only continued to chew his fruit and didn't say anything else as I slowly opened my eyes and turned my head to look over at him.

"Do you regret your decision?" I couldn't help but feel this weird emotion overwhelm me when Kai's face crossed my mind along with all the moments we shared together.

How mad was he at me right now?

How badly did he want to end my life?

"Not really. I've done worse things in my life. I'm sure I'll get over this one as well. How about you? How prepared are you to be hated entirely by Kai? If he finds us, he'll kill us both without hesitation," Cooper got up from his spot and sat closer to my side so we could share a more intimate conversation.