Chapter 14 ♡

A/N: Hello♥️ Thank you for the patience. Please enjoy this lengthy 8k word chapter!

As always, please support me through my "buy me a coffee" account which helps me out tremendously and encourages me to continue writing. 🥹 ⤵️

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/suspiciousminds

Nate's P.O.V

"Must you always shove me? We're heading the same direction, rude moron," Cooper almost got another wrinkle on his unsightly face when I purposely pushed him out of my way.

This made him almost slip on the wet floor we were walking barefoot on to get to the pool but he was able to recover his balance very quickly.

"Then get out of my way if you know I'm going to shove you," I responded like it was known logic and didn't understand why I had to wear such tight swimming shorts that were viciously suffocating my manhood and balls.

I felt overly exposed with nothing but these black shorts that didn't leave much to the imagination of what I was carrying down there.

The only thing I liked was that I could finally see some abs forming on my flat stomach so all my hard work was paying off with the muscle mass I was gaining in all the right places.

Even though I've been improving my mental and physical health because I no longer worry about my next meal or lose sleep because it's too cold and I was cautious that someone might attack me while I slept, there was now this new and unfamiliar pain persistent in my mind and heart.

Longing for someone that was gone without knowing if they were okay was a misery that was difficult to explain.

I wonder if after all the chaos Kai went through did he ever take the time to think about me as much as he did his brothers.

Was I someone special to Kai yet or did he forget everything about me?

Has he been sleeping with other people while he's been gone?

Just the thought of it made the pain in my chest act up.

Even with that, I still desperately wanted to see Kai once more...

"The depth of the pool is enough for you to do some exercises that'll better your stamina. Doing laps back and forth will help those weak arms of yours but I want you to do something else first."

I yawned as Cooper began to explain what he wanted me to do while he had no problem wearing tight, purple shorts since his sausage was almost nonexistent and I doubt he had balls.

He was thin and overly tanned which made me wonder how the hell he was my trainer when it looked like he was afraid of carbs and being too pale.

I fixed my stare on the water and away from his body before he got the wrong idea that I was checking him out.

"You've passed all the other physical tests but your swimming skills still suck. I'm going to throw this ten-pound kettlebell weight and I want you to swim down and bring it back up. Can you do that or do you still need to practice with floaties? I'm sure Zekey can let you borrow his rubber ducky ones if you ask nicely," Cooper questioned in a sarcastic tone and showed me the orange-colored weight before tossing it inside the clear pool where it immediately sank to the bottom.

How was I supposed to be an excellent swimmer when most of the time I didn't even have running water in my lousy and broken-down apartment?

No one I knew ever had a pool to swim in so of course my skills were not the best when there was not even a kid's size pool for me to get in.